“Probably the best meal I ever had in a restaurant!!!!”

The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crawfordsburn
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Probably the best meal I ever had in a restaurant!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Service and food is top drawer!!!
£52.50 for a 2 course dinner for 2 inc a bottle of wine is great value for this great place.
We only had dinner here this time but stayed here last year. Rooms are fantastic and exceptionally clean.
The high standards of the hotel are complimented by the superb service.
I would not hesitate in recommending the Crawfordsburn Inn to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Kevin W
Rice1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Kevin W,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to the hotel for dinner. We are delighted that you enjoyed your meal and hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards, The Old Inn Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
county down
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a nice long lunch here with family and friends. The surrounds are gorgeous and the staff lovely - we stayed almost until the dinner service! Great quality and well presented - well worth it as a lovely treat for a special occasion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Spanielize,
Thank you for your review of the lunch you enjoyed at the Old Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards, The Team at the Old Inn.
northern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have eaten in The Old Inn a few times over the last year but the service I received in December 2012 was the best yet! The waiter is Italian or Spanish I think, he was called Bill, best service I have had. The guy is knowledgeable and extremely pleasant and we will surely be back. Food recommended by said Bill was brilliant. Have a big birthday coming up in August and will be requesting that he is my waiter for that night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Rice1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear marie722,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments in relation to the fantastic staff and will pass these on. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Co Tyrone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed for 1 night in January. Really cosy relaxing atmosphere. Lovely room which had recently been redecorated (still smell of fresh paint which was the only thing I could fault). Had meal in the Lewis Restaurant where we chose from the set dinner menu - good selection to choose from and delicious meal. Open fires, comfortable seating, friendly staff. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear carojames,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is good to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards, The Team at the Old Inn.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband & I decided to take a last minute trip to this hotel as a belated Anniversary treat. I couldn't say more positive things about our experience. Firstly, it's absolutely stunning - a real old Inn in every sense of the word. There was no stuffy formality, these guys are old school hoteliers. Nothing is too much for the staff, they seemed genuinely happy in their jobs and I have to say it was infectious. Living in Belfast, we had never stayed in a hotel so close to home but I am so glad we did. The superior suite is just that - superior. It was luxurious yet cosy with just the right lighting to perfect the ambience. Our room was called the Castleward, check out the photos, they're amazing. I'm a vegetarian and as such have become used to being an add on after thought in any menu but not here so things just got better and better. Five stars for the food and wine list. Tasty and well thought out. Feel like I'm waxing lyrical but when you've been disappointed so many times I swore I would go on to this site (first time!) and convey how great it was because they genuinely deserve it. Behind the hotel is a lovely waterfall walk apparently. Want to shout it from the roof tops and I'm organising to go back again for an upcoming birthday. Attention to detail and striking the perfect balance between friendly & professional made this Hotel stay simply the best. Top marks and well done to all involved. A huge thank you from my husband and myself, A & E Kielt, Belfast.

Room Tip: We took one of the package deals and stayed in a suite but I'd say the rooms to the back where t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rice1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Ann C,
We appreciate that you have posted your first ever review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay here at the Old Inn and are delighted that we ticked all the boxes. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Bangor, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had a really bad experience in the hotel last July but didn't bother to write a review as thought it was a one off and we have always loved our getaways to the The Old Inn but have had 2 visits since and both have been extremely disappointing so thought I'd warn others!!

Last July we stayed and on arrival we found dirty socks on the floor in our room (yuck! - very poor hygiene standard for a 4 star!), we ordered room service which took 2 hours to arrive and was missing half the contents of the meal and also the ice bucket we requested! The meal cost almost £50 (steak and chips with mushrooms and vine tomatoes - these were both missing!). We were so hungry that we just went ahead and ate the meal. We later complained but management simply said the restaurant was busy that night and offered us a £20 voucher. The lights in our room kept flickering so we had to turn them off and sit with a really dim lamp. Overall we were very disappointed.

Anyway we went back just before Christmas for a meal....same poor service. I ordered the christmas dinner which was followed by coffee and mince pies. My coffee came and I asked for the mince pie. I finished my coffee and asked again for the mince pie. I was given a fresh coffee and told the mince pie would be here in a minute. I had finished my second coffee and STILL no mince pie. The waiter brought me a 3rd coffee, by the time the mince pie came the 3rd coffee was cold! I was offered another coffee but by this stage I had more than enough coffee. We asked for the bill and had been charged for 3 items we hadn't ordered or received. It took the manager ages to rectify this (meanwhile we had a taxi waiting - with the meter running).

Overall a big let down. The Crawfordsburn inn is a beautiful place, shame it isn't run very well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank kym_hobbsie
Rice1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear kym_hobbsie, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. Your comments have been taken in the manner in which we are sure they were intended. Our housekeeping and food and beverage teams have been alerted to your observations. Kind regards, the team at The Old Inn.
Coleraine, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night in September for a wedding we went to and it was amazing!!! lovely staff. We stayed in the Castleward room and I could of stayed there a week!!! so pretty with a balcony, and very clean. Breakfast the next morning was lovely. Couldn't fault it at all. Hope to come back and stay again soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nikki Q
Rice1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Nikki S,
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in September to attend a wedding and would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. Hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards, The Old Inn Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawfordsburn
Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Rayanne House
Rayanne House
#2 of 3 in Holywood

Been to The Old Inn Crawfordsburn? Share your experiences!