My husband and I stayed at the Old Inn on !st August for 1 night. We dont get away often on our own so decided to push the boat out a little and stay in this lovely hotel. We arrived at 6pm and checked in, browsed the menu and found it expensive so decided to eat out. After our return we had a good look at our room, which was the Buttercup room. It was beautiful if a little on the small side. After being in the room for a little while we noticed the squeakiest door we've ever heard into the bathroom. Also, one of the lights in the window was flickering off and on so we tried to find a switch to put it off and discovered it was controlled by the main light. This meant we couldnt switch it off so had to put up with it until bedtime.
When we finally went to bed, alas the pillows were like stones, so not much comfort in bed. Add to that a broken hinge on the toilet seat and we were more than a little irritated with so many problems in what should be a very special hotel.
In the morning, we went down for breakfast which was very good, with very good service. When we checked out we expected to be asked if everything was ok for us but no-one asked, just finalised our payment and said goodbye. I suppose we should have brought these issues up at this point but decided when staff couldnt be bothered to enquire about our comfort and enjoyment, why bother!
Overall, we feel that this hotel does not live up to the image it creates and with a little more attention to detail these problems should have been spotted and put right.
As I said, we pushed the boat out a little for this stay, but were disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Inn is over 400 years old. With thatched roof, open turf fires and ornate furnishings - this cosy Northern Ireland retreat is AA 4 SILVER star(highly commended) and offers 2AA rosette dining, Dinner Bed and Breakfast is our most popular package and is perfect for a staycation or romantic short break. We also have close links to nearby spa and golf facilities to make your short break a wonderfully relaxing break away from it all. Close to Helen's Bay Beach and Crawfordsburn Country Park it's great for Hikers and walkers. Tourism NI Approved Walker Welcome scheme. Family rooms available and a luxurious outdoor pavilion with... You guessed it, a roaring open fire!Family run for generations, the welcome is as warm as the famous fires. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Old Inn Crawfordsburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Hotel Crawfordsburn
- Old Inn Crawfordsburn
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Northern Ireland