“A picturesque but pretentious hotel”

The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crawfordsburn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Cheltenham, England
Reviewed February 7, 2007

I booked this hotel after a recommendation from the company I was visiting in Bangor. Website deal of £50/night including breakfast seemed good value.

Room fine, but on the small side. Well decorated & equipped. Bathroom looked like it had been refurbuished recently. All very clean & tidy. Very quiet at night. Good bed.

Excellent breakfast choice of cooked or cold buffet.

Only downside was dinner. Ate in the 'bistro'. Somewhat iffy service and food. Excellent starter let down by medicore main course. Charged for coffee which I didn't have. Despite pointing this out to the waitress, this was still on my bill when I came to check-out.

Despite this I would certainly stay here again. Nice old inn with log fire in reception all for less than a bulk standard 'motel' type hotel.

Just carefully check your bill if eating-in to make sure you are only paying for what you actually had.

• Liked — Very good value. Nice old place which has been updated.
  • Disliked — Charging for items I didn't have. These still being on the bill when I checked out.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank redalligator
belfast
Reviewed November 23, 2006

Was there not too long ago for a wedding and wasn't blown away the food for the meal was not nice at all. I went to book our room for the night weeks before the wedding. A very nice lady took me to all the free rooms and let me pick the one I wanted to stay in. We went with the one with the couch bed as at that point my sister in law might have needed to stay in the room also. When we arrived for the wedding to check in our room had been given away!!! I was not impressed at this point as I thought it was unacceptable and I was really looking forward to staying in a beautiful room. So when I asked for any room I was told there were none left. I booked a special room weeks in advance and now there wasn't a single room left. I ended up having to go home that night, it ruined that whole wedding for me

• Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Irishdanni
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawfordsburn
Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Rayanne House
Rayanne House
#2 of 2 in Holywood

Been to The Old Inn Crawfordsburn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Old Inn Crawfordsburn

Property: The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
Address: 15 Main Street | County Down, Crawfordsburn, Bangor BT19 1JH, Northern Ireland
Location: United Kingdom > Northern Ireland > County Down > Bangor > Crawfordsburn
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crawfordsburn
Hotel Class:4 star — The Old Inn Crawfordsburn 4*
The Old Inn is over 400 years old. With thatched roof, open turf fires and ornate furnishings - this cosy Northern Ireland retreat is AA 4 SILVER star(highly commended) and offers 2AA rosette dining, Dinner Bed and Breakfast is our most popular package and is perfect for a staycation or romantic short break. We also have close links to nearby spa and golf facilities to make your short break a wonderfully relaxing break away from it all. Close to Helen's Bay Beach and Crawfordsburn Country Park it's great for Hikers and walkers. Tourism NI Approved Walker Welcome scheme. Family rooms available and a luxurious outdoor pavilion with... You guessed it, a roaring open fire!Family run for generations, the welcome is as warm as the famous fires. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The Old Inn Crawfordsburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Hotel Crawfordsburn