“Even better than my ladt visit”
Review of Granny Bo's

Granny Bo's
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Ballynahinch
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Ballynahinch, United Kingdom
“Even better than my ladt visit”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was treating my mum to lunch and thoroughly enjoyed the food we had ordered. It was cosy and although it was busy we did not have to wait long before our food arrived beautifully presented. Mum really enjoyed her visit and has already arranged to take her friends there. I was impressed that the male manager even managed a smile perhaps his lovely female staff are having a positive effect on him :). Keep up the good work !

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Cor44

Belfast, United Kingdom
“brought by a friend”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My friend brought me for a cuppa & a traybake , granny bo's would not have been somewhere I would have chosen ,when I pass it the front window display & the front door put's me off , inside is a bit too much for me little is more, though I did like the tea cosy with the roses on the top . The staff are friendly I liked the china cup & saucer for my tea men get mugs , my friend had apple pie with ice cream with fresh fruit on the side he enjoyed it as l did the traybake . l will go backas l have 2 auntie's who would love it !! The owners must be doing something right because it had a steady trade whilst we were there also they have a 5 tick for hygenie

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank norma g
Ballynahinch, United Kingdom
“What a treat !! :)”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

So lovely to have such a Cosy quaint little place in Ballynahinch Superb presentation of excellent food. A real boost for Ballynahinch Highly recommended

• Visited November 2013
6 Thank HappyLunch
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good food, great value and quirky decor”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I recently visited granny bo's as it was recommended to me by a friend, i was not let down. This entire feel of this establishment is so homely. I had already had lunch so my friend and I where only in for desserts and coffee, the cheesecake is too die for, coming with a helping for cream and fresh fruit salad! I also got a hot chocolate which is the best i have ever seen, and only costing £1.95! The decor is so quirky and adds to the experience. I will certainly be returning to granny bo's with my two children, the will just love it!

• Visited November 2013
5 Thank sarah_may26
Antrim, United Kingdom
“Return Visit - 'High Standards Maintained' - Proving Popular And No Doubt Making a Good Name For Itself!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hi,

This was a return visit to Granny Bos again on a quick stop business lunch. An even better experience this time and i even got a smile from the staff!

We opted for the Special being ‘roast beef’, tasty enough though still served with those ‘frozen’ veggies (i presume to be frozen, feel free to correct me)

The portions are not the largest, though this is not a problem as the array of sweets often tempt you towards a wee treat at the end.

Great value at 2 x roast beef, 2 drinks & 2 x ‘Malteser’ tray bakes weighing in at just approx £15.00.

Service was very prompt, polite and efficient, always a good site when ‘table reserved’ signs already up at lunchtime almost all the remaining tables taken, we were lucky to get a seat.

Free on street car parking available just outside the front door with a time limit of 1 hour.

The toilets are spotless and also they don’t seem to have a problem with a mum breast feeding the hungry wee one, unlike some establishments.

Recommended yet again,

Enjoy!

If this review has 'Informed' your decision please tick the 'Was this review Helpful' box.

Les