Having ate in the restaurant on a few occasions, we decided to give it yet another chance, having previously put the unhelpful and extremely unpleasant staff down to being busy. However upon arrival at the bar to request to be seated, my wife and four children and I were told that we would have to find a table at the back of the bar area ourselves which was completely full with only a small table for two available, whilst the front of the restaurant was entirely empty. We approached staff a few times to explain that there were six of us in to have dinner and the area they were directing us to did not accommodate us they were uninterested and frankly didnt have a clue what to do with us they just stood looking empty back at us! that is other than one bar maid in particular who still insisted we sit in the over crowded area that didnt have any room for us as the restaurant area to the front was all booked at some stage that evening. We were frankly disgusted and extremely embarrassed, we have never been to a restaurant where the staff have been so unhelpful, unpleasant and uninterested in our custom. The bar maid might as well have held the door open for us to leave. We chose to walk out in the end as it felt rather like we were begging to be seated and to be fair the food is probably not even as nice as some of the local chippys!! Would not recommend at all, unfriendly staff and thats putting it nicely and over priced, over cooked food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short distance from the scenic Mourne Mountains, The Millbrook Lodge is a family-owned hotel, where the charm of a beautiful Georgian building has been carefully integrated with modern comfort and amenities. The hotel has sixteen bedrooms all en-suite, offering comfort, TV and tea and coffee making facilities. Exquisitely landscaped gardens provide six acres of tranquility and a perfect setting for photographs. The Head Chef provides a wide range of mouth-watering food options from breakfast through to dinner and Sunday lunch with Pensioner's lunches and Early Bird Menu also available. Afternoon Tea, with a sumptuous selection of scones, traybakes and sandwiches has become one of the hotel's most popular eating experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Book Direct Rooms, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Millbrook Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millbrook Hotel Ballynahinch
- Millbrook Lodge Hotel Ballynahinch, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom