“Lovely staff, terrible food”

Fullerton Arms Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Ballintoy
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cooking locally sourced cuisine in The Fullerton Arms Bar, Restaurant & Guesthouse. Food Available form 8am to 9pm 7 days a week.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I went for lunch today and had possibly the worst meal I have ever had out in my life.

I had the chicken goujons, they were greasy, bland and pretty awful. This came with garlic sauce that didn't taste of garlic, and a side order of greasy rubbery chips. My wife had the chilli chicken pasta, which was meant to have a creamy sauce, the sauce was thin, had no spice, and was completely bland.

We were only after a basic meal of 'bar snacks' however this was truly awful.

The toilets also were dirty and run down.

Apart from this the bar staff were lovely and very friendly.

1  Thank Olly L

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Tasty food,beef burger was was very good,stew was ok. Kids was very happy for ice cream.servis excellent.

2  Thank LukasPro
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very friendly staff and the food was served hot and was quite tasty. Go here if you are hungry and/or thirsty. Very convenient after doing the rope bridge.

1  Thank Luv2travel009
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Called in on Sunday afternoon for late lunch/ early dinner.
Ordered the cod with garlic fries, and my colleague the chicken on colcannon. We ordered wedges with bacon and cheese to share as a starter. Also ordered a bottle of Sauvignon.
The started was ok....rather soggy but edible.
The wine was excellent.
The chicken seemed ok, and the cod was reasonable....but the garlic fries were revolting. They were soggy on the outside, and uncooked on the inside. I sent them back. They arrived back once my fish was finished...again Inedible.
At that stage...we paid and left.
The food was mediocre at best...and the surroundings a bit dismal.
I have heard roast of the day is great....so maybe my choice wasn't the best....but I certainly will not be giving it a second chance when there are other great eateries in the area.

1  Thank John O
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We called in here while out & about for a drive in the car & were very pleased with the quality of the food.the portions were a very good size, I had the chicken breast placed on colcannon mash with leek sauce and it was absolutely divine!! My husband had the rib eye steak with chips, he said the steak was beautiful & was pleased the chips were lovely chunky homemade chips.the prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food & I would definitely recommend a visit, we will definitely be back!!