I think all hotel managers should sit in the bath now and again and see the world from the point of view of their customers. They would see the cracks and gaps between the bath and the wall; they would see under the basin and the peeling wallpaper. That was my thought as I contemplated the world before breakfast at the Londonderry Arms. The toilet roll had come away from its holder as soon as I pulled the first sheet and it obviously didn't fit properly. When I got down to breakfast I was ignored for some time while the staff rushed around helping a party of tourists; finally they noticed me and got me a table. Getting to my room involved umpteen doors and sets of stairs up and down. I couldn't get the wi-fi to work on my phone
That's the downside. On the other hand, the hotel was a good place to stop on the beautiful coastal route north of Larne, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was OK, I liked the moose head mounted above the front desk, where the receptionist was friendly. If it's location and a good night's sleep you want, this is fine. It will be better after they have refurbished the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Londonderry Arms Hotel is a historic hotel, once owned by Sir Winston Churchill, is situated in the picturesque Glens of Antrim in the small coastal village of Carnlough and is midway between Titanic Belfast and the famous Giant's Causeway. The Londonderry Arms Hotel is ideally located on the Causeway Coastal Route for those who are wishing to tour the North Coast and beyond. We offer a range of accommodation for the customers with a total of 35 bedrooms in the hotel. Our menus offer locally sourced produce which guests can enjoy in either our Coach House bar bistro or in one of our two dining areas - Frances Ann Restaurant and Tapestry Room. Booking is advised for those who wish to eat in the hotel due to the busy nature of the restaurant. A warm welcome awaits, your needs are the concerns of our staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Londonderry Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Londonderry Arms Carnlough
- Hotel Londonderry Arms
- Londonderry Arms Hotel Carnlough, Northern Ireland