“Breakfast to remember!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Breakfast to remember!!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Been today the second time in this restaurant and looked a bit deserted at 9.10am. Ordered the full monty on the breakfast menu and sat down and waited while enjoying a very good coffee. It was a good 10 minutes until the food arrived but it was worth it. I have never had a breakfast like that. Proper cooked bacon and very good thick sausages along with a properly cooked egg. Even got a coffee top-up which you don't see in many places.
Well done guys! The only let down was the ambient temperature, it was a bit cold for me.

Visited October 2013

N. Ireland
“Hidden gem for breakfast or lunch in Ballymena”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Short review..... Great home cooked food. Montgomery's have a good selection of hearty home cooked food for breakfast and lunch including morning and afternoon teas and coffees, scones buns and tray bakes. Their portion size for lunch will keep you going the rest of the day!, however you can ask for a half portion. The staff here are ever so friendly and you are sure to be made to feel at home. Best coffee in Ballymena!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank letaylors03
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
“Excellent Home Cooked Food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Arrived today at just gone mid day - no dishes on display - waited a few minutes and we were furnished with Lasagne, Pork Loin, Chowder, Beef Stroganoff, Salmon and a chicken dish.
Side dishes of rich, mash, chips, salad and a mountain of roasted vegetables.

We both went for the Beef stroganoff with rice and vegetables, it was hot, plentiful and delicious.

The restaurant was busy and the pianist playing melodies in the corner added to the atmosphere.

Tea and coffee was offered when our meal was over and the staff could not have been more

I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to a friend. I cannot wait to go back and sample some more of the mouthwatering dishes on offer.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Pamelab1048
Belfast, United Kingdom
“As fleet wood mac said Never going back again”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

At one forty pm ( they specialise in lunch) they had run out of coleslaw. So you make some up you'd think, takes all of five minutes. No can do chef has been swamped the service cook said. Ok the chef's busy replacing more important main course dishes that are needing replenished there's still at least forty minutes of lunch left. No I was told once a dish on the carvery is finished that's it, it's not replaced. But surely that can't be the case I said, to no one in particular. Anyhow I sat down with my partial salad when a man came and sat down at our table. He explained that they had been particularly busy, I said that coleslaw was something any chef could throw up in minutes, he said he felt I was being pedantic I said that id been in for lunch on a few occasions around two o clock and nothing ever seemed to be replaced and could I now please just be left to finish my meal ; what there was of it, he said he felt I was being unfair, I said could we close this chapter and move on. Which is what I've done, for good. In fairness I did feel the quality of food was always good only the choice limited and I've never known a carvery to not top up through the lunch. So if you do try it out, then my advice is, get there early.

1 Thank arty m