“Good though service can be slow”
Review of Frankie and Bennys - CLOSED

Frankie and Bennys
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Good food generally but it's not uncommon for the service to be very slow. Celiac menu is limited and plain (no real effort made).
Wouldn't rush back

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My partner and I were actually headed for our usual local pub grub sunday evening meal at The Ramble Inn but forgot they close the kitchen at 8.30pm on a sunday and we missed it by a whisker. We then tried the Adair Arms but same story. They told us that the only place that would still be serving food after 9pm on a sunday would be Frankie & Bennies which is why we ended up there. Hate the American / Italian diner theme and the far too loud 1950s American music but I know they cant help that.... Its the theme throughout their restaurants. We had the breadcrumbed Calamari for starter between us, which was more crumb and oil than fish and heavily oversalted with a tiny portion of tomato based sauce. I then went for a salmon with pesto main and house fries. My partner went for the chicken burger and baked potato. My salmon was bland but the pesto topping was again over salted. The house fries were rock hard overcooked skinny fries that were more oil coating than potato. Horrible. There was a tomato on the plate too and a handful of 'salad' that looked exactly like Tesco's pre packed watercress salad which appeared to be at its date as it looked a bit wilted to be fair. I have that rough sand paper effect in my mouth now from over salting. My partner's chicken burger was well overcooked. He said the best part of it was the jacket potato (which they initially forgot about and had to go back to the kitchen and request). The staff were lovely though. Friendly, helpful and enthusiastic which is the only reason I didn't give this a "terrible" rating. But for atmosphere and food it was awful and we will not be returning. Kindly, the staff for some odd unknown reason gave us a VIP card which I think gives us 20% discount throughout the chain. Boy did they pick the wrong couple to present that to. I may use it at East Mids airport when its the best of a bad bunch :-(. This is one chain CRYING OUT for Undercover boss

1  Thank Linsey B
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I went in on a Saturday at start of dinner service at five staff were welcoming offered us a choice of seats gave kids colour in books which was great. Got drinks quick and then we decided what we would like to order then the wait began over five staff on but could not get anyone attention to order finally ordered food came quickly I had chicken carbonara was tasteless and bland disappointed but after I seasoned it to death was eatable. Kids meals served in bowls not much in them considering price kids were hungry even after finished ( they had been at park for two hours) my husband burger was grey and dry. Kids got desert in their meal waitress made them sound so good lovely sundae with sauce of choice or waffles etc kids wanted sundae got them and guess what was ice cream with sauce since when did a sundae become ice cream in a bowl ??? So this will be last meal at any frankie and bennys as it is decorated lovely nice atmosphere menu looks appetising but guess what is another fast food franchise but charges £50 for the not so tasty pleasure try Pizza Hut across the way was busier and u will get value for money !!!!!

1  Thank Jeb1986
Reviewed July 14, 2014

i booked a party for my 11yr old and 8 friends.the menu suited everyone and the price was very reasonable.my review however is about the staff at ballymena.not only were they courteous and helpful to myself and my eldest daughter but they were so child friendly and fantastic with the kids.the restaurant was very busy with bank holiday customers however those girls especially Victoria had excellent customer service.will definitely be back.very impressed!

1  Thank yardie672
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Would not be back at this restaurant if it was the only eating house in Ballymena. Over priced and tasteless! The service was soooo slow ! Could do with twice as many staff who are more aware of their costumers needs . Really NOT impressed at all and our family will not be back!

1  Thank Geraldine B