“LOVE IT!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frankie and Bennys - CLOSED

Frankie and Bennys
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVE IT!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Was in this restaurant for the first time last week and must say I don't think the reviews does this place any justice, the service I received from not only my waitress but also the manager was outstanding, food was tasty and well presented. I cant wait to return to this restaurant with more of my family members.

1 Thank Elizabeth w

• Polish first
Ballymoney
“Friendly and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have dined here on a few occasions and have always had fast friendly service the staff are starting to know us by name. They always take time to make sure we're happy with everything an nothing seems to be any trouble I was initially put off by reading comments on websites and made by friends but this is fastly my family's favourite place to eat relaxed good food ok it's not five star but it's good tasty and unless I'm ordering a mix grill reasonably priced

2 Thank Teeshey32
Ballymena
“Never to return!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We took the kids here thinking it would be more their sort of place to relieve the pressure mid-exams. The only redeeming factor this place had was that the serving staff were pleasant and obliging. We found the menu very limited and made our choices more from the aspect of well if that's the best there is rather than that is what I really want. When the food arrived we all looked at each other in disbelief. My breast of chicken in their special sauce was a shrivelled morsel that must have caught a drip of sauce off the end of the chef's (joke) spoon. The baked potato was under-cooked and the corn on the cob was pitiful. The others at the table fared no better, we almost laughed at the waitress when she asked how it was. As the title of this review says we paid the bill with a firm view - NEVER TO RETURN. Avoid this place at all costs I have been disappointed at restaurants before but never to this extent!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Cullybackey1notyin
“Very Disappointed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I live in Antrim (about 15 minutes from Ballymena) with very little choice in restaurants, and I do love American Italian style restaurants, so I was delighted when Frankie & Benny's came to Ballymena. I have been to this one for breakfast, lunch and dinner several times.

We went a few days ago for a quick bite, having pre-booked tickets in the cinema close by for an hour and a half later. There were two waiting staff and two chefs on, with one person working behind the bar. The restaurant wasn't overly busy so I wasn't concerned, however it became apparent that nobody at the tables around had been served. We waited around 15 minutes for somebody to take our order. A family of four were seated beside us when they arrived about ten minutes after we did. When we did we ordered a simple main course each (pasta for me and a hotdog for my partner) with a side of fries. The family beside us received their meals long before we did, and ours took around 45 minutes to arrive, and the order was wrong. We were too short on time for me to tell someone and have it corrected.

I saw the staff apologising to other tables for the wait, however nobody spoke to us. I had to walk up to the cinema and change our pre-booked tickets to a later (and different) film before the food arrived. We didn't have time for dessert and nobody took our finished plates away - in then end I had to walk up to the till and wait for somebody to take my payment, and was asked if I would like to add a gratuity to my card payment, which I declined (it isn't like me not to tip).
The staff were very friendly, however they did the bare minimum of what's expected of waiting staff. Although the restaurant didn't seem overly busy, perhaps they (or the chefs) were short-staffed. I worked as a waitress and behind a bar for a few years and provided better service. I won't be back unfortunately.

1 Thank rachelee
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“NOT FOR MY AGE GROUP”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We certainly enjoyed the food. service was fast and by very pleasant staff. I liked the lay out but the downside was the music so loud a reflection on my age.

• Visited December 2013