“Frankie and Bennys”

Ballymena, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Frankie and Bennys”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

One of the worst restaurants we have ever dined in. It took from 8pm - 9.45 to get the food we had ordered and when it came it was awful, the chicken described as done in breadcrumbs and covered in a cheese sauce was cremated and had barely a teaspoon of sauce, fish was frozen and tasteless etc. and the service was none existent we could not get served drinks. would never go back.

1 Thank Kirsty S

• Polish first
“Don't bother. Waste of money.”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I arrived on a Sunday afternoon at 5 for our first experience. No free tables, so we sat at the bar for 15 minutes before being shown to our table. First impressions were good, nice decor, polite staff. That's as good as it gets.
We ordered spicy wings and a portion of potato skins for starters. 5 wings and 2 bland skins with poor ingredients. This was followed by a calzone pizza and my wife had a wrap. Both were terrible. Very little filling in the pizza and the wrap was accompanied with the worst excuse I've seen for chips with the cheapest, tasteless coleslaw on the side. 2 glasses of wine and a pint of cider, the bill came to £45. Won't be back. If you want the American type diner experience, go to Milanos, much nicer.

2 Thank BigT43ni
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“KEEPING UP THE F@B STANDARD”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went to Frankie and Benny's five o'clock on a Friday night with my daughter. It was busy, quite a lot of families in. There was a good atmosphere in the place and seemed to be lots of staff on the floor. We were seen to very promptly for our drinks order and a few minutes later for our food order. Must especially mention Stewart who took our order and looked after us really well, he was really friendly but not too pushy. Our food came quickly and was lovely, hot and freshly cooked. We were having the two course special deal which is really good value. Recommend the chocolate waffle for desert. Will definitely be returning.

1 Thank Janet240463
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
“OVER PRICED..OVER RATED.. WILL NEVER BE BACK”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The whole Frankie and Bennys thing is a massive massive attraction but the food prices are far to high for the product you revieve.

The mixed grill for instance is £20 for the same price you can eat in the millside in cloughmills there mixed grill steak serving is almost the same as the whole mixed grill serving in F+B

Slow service and a specials menu which i can only describe as a kids menu due to the portions and the bareness of the plate.(burgur and chips)(chicken and bacon wrap)

I also had ordered a pizza which was not to be honest too bad and that is 1 of the 2 positives i took from teh place (£15 for 15")

Deserts are no where near what you would expect of an american style diner I really think the people who make them up do so blind folded due to the bad presentation.

The only thing F+B have going for it is they offer 20% off to the emergency services and the armed forces are included.

ALL IN ALL PEOPLE IF YOU WANT A GOOD FEED AT RESONABLE PRICES TRY
CHIESE-GO SUN BALLYMENA
LARGE GOOD MEAL - MILLSIDE CLOUGHMILLS
TREAT NIGHT IN THE CITY- ZEN BELFAST
GALGORM MANOR FOR GREAT DINING

If you want a franchise which will hit you in the pocket and not deliver much taste for the paletvisit MACONALDS LOL

2 Thank gordysham
“Probabably the worst food Ive ever had”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Visited the restaurant on Sat 5th Jan. 3 kids, and 3 adults. Food was double-fried and dry, I had never seen brown fishfingers before?, all chips bar one portion were ice cold. These were returned with the burned fishfingers, the cremated burgers and the brown chicken goujons. The waiter, though friendly and polite, really didn't know what to do when we complained (which I have rarely done before in a restaurant). second time round, the food came back but was just re-deep friend again, the fried food was just darker, but was now warm, though completely inedible. The kids ate their burnt chips, and left their fishfingers and chicken (which I have never seen them do before). My mother and my wife both left her food as it was inedible. The manager did apologize to us, though could see we still have 5 meals on our table untouched. On the plus side the coke and the bottle of beer and kids juice was yummy (then again this was nothing to do with Frankie and Bennys.). On exit the manager said he would 'look after us' on the bill I went to pay, they charged us half price on the meals we didn't eat and full on the one half eaten and full price for all the drinks. I accepted this as i didn't really like confrontation like many consumers, It wasn't until I left the building and in the way home realized I shouldn't have paid for the meal at all, as this was not up to scratch. I completed a customer satisfaction survey on line for the restaurant chain, maybe thought id get an apology and maybe a 5 quid voucher (which I wound use) off my next visit. Of course I didn't hear from them!!

I don't live in Ballymena anymore, but was visiting with my family. If this is what is new in the town and based on the relatively positive reviews I have read, maybe we just got them on a bad day (a very bad day). My mother who was supposed to be treating us, was embarrassed about the whole experience, as were we. we wont be back and Ill make sure everyone I know in the town knows about our experience too.

My kids have bench mark now to bad tasting food, everything they eat now is always joked about in relation how bad the food was in Ballymena's Frankie and Bennys.

OOOhhhh disgusting. makes me wretch thinking about it!!!

Visited January 2013