“Awful”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Awful”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

1 hour and 25 mins after ordering my pizza arrived. Average quality. If you can't cope with a party booking, don't take it!!! Music way too loud too. Never again, many better restaurants in the area.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Daisybb

• Polish first
N. Ireland
“Great pizzas”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Lovely pizzas and you can make your own if you don't see anything you like on the menu. Its a byo which is a plus if you want to bring your own wine etc'. Will definitely be back.

Visited April 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“FAR OUT AMAZING”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visiting from New Zealand and traveling around Ireland I have been to many restaurants and Milanos on the 4th of may has been the best experience by far! Great atmosphere, food was brilliant, friendly staff and service can't wait to go back and try some more from the menu. The cheesy garlic mushrooms were awesome. Milanos hit the spot. And to top it off I was able to bring my own favorite NZ wine with me. Thanks Milanos I will be back and recommend to anyone visiting Ballymena.

• Visited May 2013
Northern Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,187 helpful votes
“Bistro at its best”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Its is difficult to fault this much loved pizzeria but it does have its drawbacks. You have to bring your own alcoholic. If you forget there is a handy wine and beer merchant across the road. There is a £2 charge for corkage. The bistro is small an cramped but I suspect this is part of its charm and attraction. Three of us went on a Saturday night and took the precaution of booking a table. Even so the place was packed and we were offered one of two remaining tables at the front of the restaurant immediately beneath a loudspeaker blaring away pop music which int turn created a babble of voices as conversation tried to compete. We moved to the adjacent table and the music was turned down after we requested it and the babble decreased making for a much more pleasant atmosphere which was acknowledged by fellow diners who had been reluctant to complain. The three of us shared starters of garlic bread, tempura chicken strips and garlic mushrooms on a sparse bed of greens (these were also cooked tempura style). Starters excellent but when asked for lemon pieces we were offered three thin slices cut or drinks or garnish. I ordered the seafood pizza with tuna, anchovies and black olives. Toppings were well balanced to ensure no flavor dominated and made for a great taste experience. We also had Milano's original cheese and tomato pizza with garlic fries and the meat experience which my partner enjoyed except for the spicy beef topping which tasted peculiar. The attentive and pleasant waitress who asked at stages if we were ok and enjoying our meal took the news that we were unhappy with the beef without comment. All the food was cooked well and presented attractively. The pizza bases are first class. It is welcoming, friendly and has a great atmosphere.This very popular establishment despite my critical observations has a successful formula. Worth a visit and I will certainly be back.

• Visited May 2013
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Great Night Out”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've been here a few times with my sister and my mum during the day when we've been up the town shopping and have always got the goujons which are always really good! We went a few Saturday nights ago, 13th April with my sister and a few of our friends before we headed to Belfast, mum wasn't there this time, and we all had pizza and all cleared our plates. We were upstairs this time which was new to me and was really nicely decorated, the place was bunged which I've been told by Dad when on Holidays is always a good sign! We will definitely be back and we will definitely be bringing plenty of wine again! 10/10 for food, décor and service! Highly recommend Milanos, its a gem! By the way does anyone know if the waiter is single? My sister fancies him lol

• Visited April 2013