“Excellent Service”

Galgorm Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ballymena
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We spent a relaxing two nights at Galgorm. The staff were excellent and I can honestly say that I have never experienced service like it.

The spa is wonderful and we were lucky enough to experience when it was quiet - it looked like it could get very packed. However, I don't think the treatments are worth the money.

Food in The River Room was excellent. The food in Gillies was tasty, but the portions were huge and too big to be enjoyed.

Despite a lot of people about (weddings every day) I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel was so quiet.

We would go back.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suzyonecurl

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Driving in the winding road to the hotel, I knew we were in for a treat. The staff are superb, very welcoming and friendly without going overboard. The room was glorious as was the bathroom. Our robes and slippers awaited and off we went to the spa. It was busy but not uncomfortably so. We were like a pair of kids hopping from one thing to another until our treatments. LeeAnne gave the best back massage ever. dinner that night in Gilles was gorgeous. service was excellent. We were both so relaxed we were in bed for 10. breakfast the next morning had an abundance of choice. We left with our skins glowing, totally relaxed with a vow to return very soon. Thank you for a wonderful little break.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed here last weekend for my sister's wedding and the hotel couldn't have done anymore for us. My other sister is in a wheelchair, so we hired a hoist to be delivered to the hotel and the staff couldn't have been any more helpful. They re-arranged the furniture to fit the hoist in, they made blocks for the base of the bed so the hoist could fit below the bed and they left the keys at reception early so my sister could go to her room without the hassle of having to wait to check-in.

We were in the great hall upper and the room was amazing! The food was great and the staff were very accommodating to any guests that wanted changes to their dinners. I couldn't find one fault with the whole day!

The rooms were great (I was in a standard double) and we couldn't hear any noise from the surrounding rooms. There was a great selection for breakfast the next day and we got to use the spa facilities the next day. Everyone I spoke to said about what a fantastic time they had, so we will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Visited here for our first anniversary (got married here) and they really went about and beyond to make us feel special. The Spa was amazing and the room fabulous. The pillows were the comfiest ever (I took a sneak peek at the label and have bought the same ones for myself!!). Meal in the River Room was a revelation. Will be back again next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2014

On Sat 19 April I treated my sister and daughter and of course myself to The paradise lost treatment at The Spa, Galgorm, it was pricey @ £180 per person, however it was truly worth it. Our treatments were Aromatherapy Cleopatra Bath, which was so relaxing this was followed by an organic lavender and seaweed sugar glow scrub, I can honestly say my skin has never been so smooth and feels so rejuvenated. The hot lava shell full body massage was the most relaxing 30 mins I've ever had. After the treatments we were then free to enjoy the thermal spa. Our therapists were so attentive and gave excellent service, lunch was included in the price and was delicious. We will be back!!!!!

Room Tip: Did not stay overnight
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed here on Good Friday on the country retreat deal. Was dubious about hotel as a wedding venue due to amount of weddings it could do at once, and had put me off staying. I must admit from my stay my opinion has changed, however for the price of the hotel and the fact it aims at the higher end of the market I was slightly disappointed by the size of the rooms. (though that might just have been ours and we didn’t spend much time in the room) From the minute you entered you are hit with a friendly service and prompt check-in. The rooms were clean and tidy and had biscuits and large mugs for the tea/coffee which is often not present now. There were ample towels and body lotion/shower gels. There were also a dressing gown and slippers and a decent hair dryer (which is often hard to come by).

The food in the package was lovely, so much choice I was amazed and I regretted coming on a day I could only eat fish!! When asked if they had a vegetarian option on the menu I was given a vegetarian menu so choice was not an issue. We ate in Grilles and I would definitely go back, but ensure I had an empty stomach. We were stuffed. There was also a lovely touch of a cream egg in our napkin. The service and food was attentive and great, and was so tasty. I had scampi and it was very fresh and batter was homemade. I was nearly too stuffed for the breakfast the next day.
Breakfast was spread out in the restaurant which was handy as no mad queues as you walked around. The food, as with dinner was very fresh and tasty. The breads were gorgeous, wheaten, Guinness and normal pan. They also had plenty of seeds and fruits as well as yogurts, crepes, waffles, cheese, salmon and a cooked breakfast. It would honestly set you up for the day. Breakfast on the Saturday was only served until 10.30 and check out was 11 which I thought was early. Also if you want anything other than filter coffee you have to pay extra, as too for eggs benedict and omelettes. You do get fried, poached or boiled included.

On the Friday night there was a band on in the pub which was great and they were really good. The bar also had 2 for 1 cocktails as well so you didn’t have to leave the hotel at all.

The thermal spa was good, although if busy you might have to wait to get into Sauna and steam rooms as wouldn’t fit much more than 6 people and that’s being cosy in there, but when we were almost the only ones in the area. The hydro pool is spacious and you can even do a few short lengths. The outdoor pool is fab and the hot tube as the scenery is lovely with the waterfall. The showers in the spa area are great and powerful as well. I’m not sure I would pay the £30 to use the thermal spa on its own though not being a guest.

Overall it was a great relaxing time and I would go back if I got an offer, just a bit expensive when could go to a 4/5 star luxurious hotel for the same price.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Unar123
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed early march for birthday, about my third visit here and is definitely not as good. I feel they are just about bringing in the money now less on comfort and quality. Our room was ok bit shabby to be honest, spa treatment was lovely but so busy and after didn't even have a relaxation chair to sit on. They let too many people use the spa I opened the sauna door and couldn't even get in. You couldn't swim in the pool and nowhere at all to sit. Food in Gillies was ok not great. Checking out was a massive queue. Cost too much for what you get I am afraid we won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karen h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymena
Tullyglass House Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bushmills
Leighinmohr House Hotel
Leighinmohr House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Galgorm Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!