“Marvellous place for rest and relaxation.”

Galgorm Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ballymena
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Marvellous place for rest and relaxation.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a girl's trip. We arrived at lunchtime on a Monday and went to Gillie's bar and restaurant for lunch. There was a fabulous offer of a main course plus a drink (which included a selection of wines) for £10 per person. Lunch was lovely and a great start to our night away. We then checked into our rooms which were absolutely sumptuous. I could not fault them at all and the chap who carried our bags up to the rooms could not have been more helpful. We then went to the Spa which does not allow children under 16 into it.We had a couple of babies with us so we couldn't all use the facilities together as someone had to stay behind to mind the kids. However, the Spa was very tranquil and relaxing and was probably the best I have ever been in. We ate our dinner in Gillie's bar and restaurant which was again very pleasant but not outstanding. I had a fantastic night's sleep and I am not always a great sleeper. The bed was so comfortable. Breakfast was served the following morning again in Gillie's and it was amazing. There was the usual fare of juices, cereals, fruits and cooked breakfast items but also pancakes and pastries. I was already so full from eating so well that I could not do justice to it. I have recommended Galgorm Resort & Spa to all my friends and family as a marvellous place for rest and relaxation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
Belfast
Reviewed October 21, 2013

i attended a friends wedding recently and this was the second wedding reception I attended at the venue and I am pleased to say I was not disappointed.The food was of high quality and was served promptly and efficiently and most important it was piping hot and had excellent flavour. I can highly recommend the staff both bar and restaurant staff who were eager to please and nothing was too much trouble to them.You will not go far wrong if you choose this as a wedding venue.The reception was in the great hall which is an annex from the main hotel and as I didn't stay overnight I cannot comment as to the quality of the rest of the hotel including the rooms and the breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank heggers
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I took my daughter for a treat to haveafternoon tea, as it was her birthday. A lovely afternoon, spent in the river room restaurant. Great waitress attention to all detail. My daughter is yeast tollerance so foods can be difficult, but not any problem to the kitchen staff, we were very pleased. Beauiful fresh sandwiches a choice of fillings. And as much tea even a selection of herbal teas. Thankyou so much for a lovely treat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Listen up all your beautiful brides thinking ... "will we choose Galgorm for our wedding day?"....To experience our Wedding at Galgorm was a piece of pure Heaven..."The most amazing day of our lifes, our Wedding at Galgorm was complete perfection". Have a read and look at our photos, we have posted them to help you make the right choice......(the photos are family taken photos - our album photos are out of this world from Kris Dickson-Life Photography).

We got married on a Sunday 14th July 2013 paying into the Opulance Wedding Package at Galgorm..... £2000 deposit at the time, £2000 one year later and the balance 14days before the wedding. Completely affordable and amazing value when you see what you get included in the package price and you really do have minimal arrangements..that does not take away from your vocal and personal input which will all be done for you for your own personal choices around your flowers, cakes and room arrangements etc. .. Plus, on the most important day of your life, you will NOT be let down as all Package deals are Galgorm partners.

We had been together 10 years, been through very difficult life experience as well as health issues over the years and wanted to get married, but with poor health this seemed an endless and unachievable task.

We had been several times to Galgorm during difficult times and found our "little piece of magic". To experience Galgorm is to experience Heaven.

From arragement booking to our Wedding was completely hassle free. The wedding coorindator and reservation staff could not do enough for us. We have never had such helpful staff in our life which made our Wedding Day complete package perfection.

We were married in Phantom House in addition to the Package which trust me will be the most mermorable purchase towards your wedding you will ever make. I was picked with my Father and Bridesmaid from home, just beside Mountstewart, in the stunning Galgorm Rolls Royce Ghost. Our driver Desmond was a complete gentleman and eased my nerves on the way to Galgorm which on the Sunday morning took no time whatsoever.

Phantom House is an experience I will carry to my grave. Even the men cried and were moved during the ceremony, whether it was what we had been though together as a couple along with the setting it would move anyone. The chair covers in Phantom House we hired for less than any other outside wedding services and the guests were blown away how stunning they looked..... to see Phantom House in it's full glory and have your wedding in it exceeds by far all expectations. In the Package we had Sallys Floral Studio. Sally was the easiest person on earth to deal with and most importantly listened. Our long and low table arrangment for Phantom House (was later carried up to the top table in the Four Seasons) was amazing. I was able to easily correspond with Sally by email and attach ideas then met her once before the wedding to make final arrangments for a few extras such as Thank you Bouquets for the mothers and table floral decorations.

I over a period of time choose simple table decorations myself online buying scatter crystals which were all presented the day before the wedding to the Wedding Team. They prepared the room alone with Sally.

After our ceremony, guests were guided up to the Four Seasons Suite for Tea, Coffee and shortbread to die for along with their welcoming reception cocktail (you are given a choice and can mix and match - we had Prosecco with a single raspberry in each glass). While our guests were welcomed the wedding party headed with our Photographer of choice Kris Dickson from Life Photography. Kris is such a loveable easy going character and we went for our pre-wedding photo session in his studio in Coleraine about a week before the wedding.... It was fun, especially when I was so nervous and didn't like having my photograph taken - he helped be get over my hurdle for our big day). Kris's ideas are both modern, yet very classic and he built our photography needs around my ill health and my elderly parents and some of our more formal photos enable us to sit down in the Four Seasons chairs outside).

The Four Seasons suite was amazing... the weather was so warm on our wedddings day and Galgorm very obligingly changed our soup option to mouth watering devine lemon sorbet at last minute on request. The rooms ooze tradion, comtemporary and provide a feeling of euphoria on your special day. We had a "scented wedding" and I placed St Eval Inspiritus candles in the stunning candelbras provided in the package. While the scent burned we asked for the sliding doors behind the top table to be opened as the weather was so warm to provide fresh air and a waterfall backdrop to die for.

In our package we chose Elaine's Heavenly Cakes and Favours Randalstown. OMG. Our cake was 3 round tiers (the top two were fake) and two square cakes for cutting of lemon madiera and carrot cake which all the guests said they had never tasted the like of. This was in addition to the bottom tier of madiera. We can recommend the carrot cake and we will certainly be using Heavenly Cakes and Favours as well as Sally's Floral Studio again for further life events. Yes, a little distance for us but definitely worth it. Both are amazing ladies.

Our meal was devine, went without any hitch and the waiting staff we so attentive. We opted for Glen Houston Entertainment and chose his band Peach. We had visited Galgorm for one of Glen's showcase ... a presentation of all the bands he has to offer on one afternoon ... a definite must! In your chosen setting you will know which band to chose after the presentation... the hairs on our arms raised at Peach... I cannot tell you what it was or why but every single guest were completly floored at just how amazing Peach were at our evening reception.

There are a few people we would love to name as being outstanding in their line of work, being Jemma Johnston, our wedding coordintor, Desmond our driver, James our Banqueting Manager as well as Sam the concierge. We would also like to express great thanks to Paul Smyh, Yvonne Smyth for also helping when required along the way when times we hard for us.

We followed up our wedding with a few days stay at Galgorm in glorious weather which made our wedding complete. My Wedding Day at Galgorm was the most memorable day of our lifes and one we will carry with amazing memories and fondness and the best day of our lifes which we will take to the end of our lifes.............

All we have to say is "a massive thank you to everyone".... we will be back soon!

Jo & Ash

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Deluxe room with Balcony for the most amazing view you can sit and have a cup of tea or...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JMandAJM
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went with my other half to the Galgorm for a birthday treat on 17th October for the night. Had never been here before and had been dying to go based on what other people had said about it. I have to say I was not disappointed. The place is amazing. Set in wonderful grounds, the main manor is beautiful and the facilities second to none. We got a fantastic welcome from the reception staff and everything was just meticulous to the letter on our booking. We opted for a spa package break which included a choice of three spa treatments, dinner at Gillies, a standard room, breakfast and unlimited use of the spa facilities. All amazing value!
We enjoyed Voya Back Massages which were wonderful and neither of us wanted it to end. The Spa area is opulent and relaxing and the jacuzzi, pool, sauna and steam room were wonderful for wiling away a few hours. The only thing was that we weren't able to get into the hot tub as it tended to be hogged by a lot of people for longer than the standard 15 minutes guests were asked to stay in it. Robes, slippers and towels are also given to every guest which was great.
Dinner at Gillies was lovely. The place on three floors is magnificent and the menu has plenty of choice. Both of us were stuffed however and could barely finish! Again excellent value included in the package.
The room itself was clean and the bed was huge and so soft. I had a great night's sleep in there. The bathroom was a big size and clean as well so as if I hadn't been in enough hot water, I enjoyed a nice bath.
All in all, I'm blown away by the Galgorm. The service was excellent and friendly and the deals they have are superb. I am already planning my next stay. It made my birthday wonderful.

Room Tip: Room 417 has a brilliant view of the river where you can also see the resident heron and is right at...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Krees82
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I was married on the 12th April 2013. I could not rate this hotel highly enough. Having studied hospitality and worked in three 5* places I know I am hard to please but the staff at the Galgorm went beyond my expectations.

Special thanks should go to Jemma Johnston, she bent over backwards for us and could not have been more accommodating, helpful and kind. Every email I sent her was replied to the same day and any phone calls were returned promptly.
I was just so impressed, and I know the Galgorm do a lot of weddings but she made us feel like we were the only couple she was working with and made us feel special.

The suppliers of the cake and flowers which came with our package were perfect, sallys flowers were outstanding.

On the day James the master of ceremonies was great and when we went to a wedding a few months later he remembered us and gave us a warm welcome.

I would also like to mention Amit, the waiter. As most brides are, i was wanting to make sure everyone was happy and he gave me some banter which helped me relax and again he remembered me when we went back. He really was great.

All in all I could not highly recommend the Galgorm enough to any bride looking for their perfect day. The surroundings are beautiful, food was delicious but what made it perfect was the staff.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kathryneglasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Visited Galgorm for a much needed night away with the girls! Spa was lovely and the treatments were fantastic. Food in the evening was good but I have to say was very disappointed with breakfast. The bed and pillows were amazing - slept like a log and just didn't want to get up!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank WMS56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymena
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Leighinmohr House Hotel
Leighinmohr House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Galgorm Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!