“Lovely place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ballymena
N. IRELAND
“Lovely place to stay”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Have stayed at Galgorm a couple of times now and cannot fault it. Agree with most of the reviews, this is an outstanding hotel with a fantastic spa. The food in Gillies is excellent, as is the service. Deserves the 5 star rating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
PSmythGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear BEENAROUNDTHEWORLD,

thank you for your kind review and I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the resort. It is always a delight to hear from regular guests and how they feel at home here. We are very proud of the Spa at Galgorm and moreover our Spa team. Even in a 5 star facility it is they that make the difference.

We look forward to your return.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
northern ireland
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I just felt I had to compliment the service we received. I regularly visit Galgorm and always recommend it to people. But last night just was exceptional! We all ate in Fratelli last night (almost 30 in our party), and it must be extremely frustrating trying to serve meals to girls who are chatting, laughing and not noticing the waiters trying to serve the food! Our waiter last night was outstanding. He was extremely patient, took the time to explain the menu, any queries we had, checked if we were happy with food, always on top of drinks, topping up glasses, the list goes on. What was also nice was he spent time chatting to us, even though he was extremely busy, he was very professional in his manner and all of us felt that Adi and the rest of the team in Fratelli were exceptional.
Roll on my next visit!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear holidaylover80,

thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you and your friends had such a wonderful experience at Fratelli Italian. I have passed your kind comments onto Adi, a star to say the least.
I would also like to thank you for your repeated custom and recommendations and we all hope to see you at the resort in the very near future.

Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Outstanding hotel , fantastic service, fabulous spa and thermal suite. Food in Gillies Bar was delicious , waitress was very efficient and pleasant . Great car parking facilities, Beautiful scenery outside from bedroom window. Breakfast was outstanding. The room was beautiful, comfy and well equipped, bur too warm, could do with turning down the heat and that's something coming from someone who loves heat. The bathroom was huge and very very clean . I will definitely be back, its worth every penny, and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank marian m
PSmythGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Marian M,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the resort. We are very proud of the facilities and staff we have at the resort and it is rewarding to have such positive feedback.

We look forward to your next stay

kind regards

belfast
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over the valentines weekend thinking it would be busy was I wrong. In all honesty the hotel itself is beautiful noting out of place at all the spa we only did the thermal suite was amazing we loved the outside jacuzzis but going at 10 we were done by the afternoon so we went into cullybacky and had a bit of lunch then back to have a few drinks at the bar. I have to say there was no atmosphere and nothing to do bar watch football on the tv. That was okay we stayed for several hours and then returned to our room to change for dinner. The Friday night we had dinner in fratellies and it was beautiful and the second night we had dinner in gillies which I have to say I really wasn't impressed had much nicer dinners in Belfast bog standard restaurants. But what really let galgorm down is the entertainment. We were in gillies bars both nights and no entertainment came on to 1030 they did set up at 9 but everyone is just looking at each other and unless your in a big crowd and making your own craic it's quite boring plus the Saturday bar was awful seriously with paying the money they should at least put entertainment on at the weekends. So overall a beautiful hotel but no entertainment making our stay boring xx

• Stayed February 2013
Dear cocoBelfast,

thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be "beautiful" and that you were impressed by both the Spa and Fratelli. I am however disappointed that you found our entertainment not to your liking. We have live music every Friday, Saturday and Sunday with Valentines being the same. The bands do indeed start at 10.30 and run until 1am and we have a digital sound system operating until they start. The atmosphere is usually very lively and is indeed one of the unique selling points of the resort. We do not normally have entertainment during the daytime except for very special events but with future developments this may change. I have also passed your comments onto our Gillies team.

I do hope that you will return to the resort in the future, even for a quiet getaway.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

One of the best hotels I have stayed at, staff are very pleasant and helpful, the beds are the most comfortable I have encountered, only downside, which most people agreed, was the rooms were far too hot even with the window open, when I asked if it could be turned down, they said only off or on, no happy medium.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Anastacia R,

Thank you for you kind review and I am particularly pleased that you consider Galgorm to be one of the best hotels you have stayed at. We have gone to great lengths to provide a range of facilities and a standard of service that is second to none. With regards to the heating, thermostatic valves do control each individual room. That said with it being a relatively new buiding it has proved to be super efficient in reducing heat loss. As a consequence and as part of our guest services we do provide fans on request.

I do hope that you will return to the resort soon.

Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We (20 lovely ladies) stayed last weekend to celebrate my daughters Hen Nite.
The service I received from the initial reservation enquiry was truly exceptional. At the time of my enquiry the rooms we required were not avaialable in the hotel, however some self catering cottages were also booked to accomodate everyone.
I kept in touch with the staff at the reservations desk hoping the rooms in the hotel would come available, the ideal situation was for everyone to be together in the hotel,
On one occasion I spoke with the duty manager (Louise.) After explaining the ideal situation she had everyone booked into the hotel rooms.
Upon arrival the staff at reservations were fabulous, the guys in conceriege were so helpful bringing us along to the rooms. When we settled into the rooms a tray of special treats was sent to my daughters room for the 'Bride to be'
Everyone made great use of the spa, in the evening we booked two tables of ten in Fratelli's...again the service was amazing, food was amazing, staff - amazing.
We look forward to returning for another special treat.
Many thanks

Linda Fox

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Linda F,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you were able to celebrate with your daughter and friends and had such an enjoyable time. We do feel that the resort, with our range of facilities, restaurants and entertainment, is ideal for such a get together. I have passed your kind comments onto the team, Louise in particular.
I would like to pass on our best wishes for the upcoming wedding and we all look forward to your return.

Belfast
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The staff are friendly professional and very knowledgable. We received cup cakes and gifts on arrival as regulars. The spring menu in the River Room restaurant is second to none. The wine list is superb and Chloe looked after us and gave great advice on the types of wines to match the menu.

We had a great time in the spa and met some really jnteresting people. Come on up and get the best hotel experience in Western Europe.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank bosleyh
Dear bosleyh,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay. I would also like to thank you for your continued support. You are such an ambassador of the resort and it is our pleasure to have you stay with us on such a regular basis.
I have passed your kind comments onto the team, particularly Chloe, and we all look forward to your return.

kind regards

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymena
Tullyglass House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Ballycastle
Dunadry Hotel
Dunadry Hotel
#1 of 1 in Dunadry

Been to Galgorm Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!