“Wedding reception”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ballymena
Coleraine
“Wedding reception”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is an old country house wth a modern additions set in the most beautiful grounds (including river/waterfall-fantastic for photogrphs) you could ask for anywhere in the province. Wonderful from the minute we (wedding party and guests) arrived. Staff very friendly and attentive and meal truly 5star.
Absolutely first class all round - even though 3 receptions being held on the one day the hotel is designed in such a way that we weren't aware of anyone else being there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PSmythGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Kathleen J,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you so enjoyed the wedding reception at the Resort. We have endeavoured, in our design, to blend a traditional setting with a contemporary feel. We have also gone to great lenghts to ensure that each event that takes place at the resort feels secluded, private and the focus of our attention. This truly has been the basis of our success. I have passed your kind comments onto our team and I do hope that you can return to the resort in the very near future.

kind regards

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
belfast
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We booked an overnight deal with 4 course meal in Gillies and breakfast and were so impressed!

On arrival, we checked into our triple room, which was spotless, warm and inviting. A knock on the door brought three lovely cupcakes and a card for my mum (it was her 50th)- she was delighted!

We changed quickly and went straight to the spa, where we spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing in the pool, hot tubs and thermal rooms. I am pregnant, and this didn't stop me enjoying this time any less.

We went back up to our room and got ready for dinner- we were very hungry so I phoned down to see if we could eat a little earlier than booked- and it was sorted so quickly!

Gillies was fantastic- our amazing server just made our dinner even better (black haired girl with black shirt). She remembered everything and service was impeccable. We ate so much and I honestly havent had a meal that was better value for money for a very long time! we retired to the room and fell asleep almost immediately- and had a great nights sleep!

Breakfast the next morning was busy but very well handled- the same girl seated us and we ate enough to keep us going to dinner time!

Check out was quick and painless and we were asked if we enjoyed our stay by a friendly receptionist.

All in all, I cannot wait to go back and enjoy this paradise again soon- lets hope hubby is reading this review- hint hint!! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear jannersBelfast,

thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the resort when celebrating your Mother's birthday. We endeavour to delight our guests and were glad to provide your mother with a little treat. I am glad you could avail of the Spa facilities, an absolute must when staying, and enjoyed dinner in Gillies.
Lets hope that your husband does indeed take the hint and we hope to see you soon.

kind regards

antrim
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My mother and I went to the spa on one of the full day packages with 2 hours in the spa, a mud serail, a "maine" massage and then our lunch it was fantastic worth every penny it was so good i have now booked my daughters birthday party there as well and im intending to go back just as soon as i can decided which package to go for next.I can not fault a single aspect of the whole day FANTASTIC

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear clairek79,

thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your day at the Spa at Galgorm. We are extremely proud of this facility and, moreover, the staff that help create such a wonderful experience. We are all looking forward to help celebrate your daughter's birthday.

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Just had brill Mother's weekend with my Sisters and Niece ..staff very attentive, room amazing , food great and even better cocktails. Thanks also for the suprise cupcakes left in our rooms on arrival..a great wee treat. Great Spa treatment on Sunday. Had Mother's day dinner in Fratteli's..why have I never ate in here before?...loved it and got free candle gift with four course meal. Well done Galgorm!
Only thing that could have topped it off would be a male therapist in the Spa...haha

• Stayed March 2013
Dear phyllishayes,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you all enjoyed your Mothers Day retreat at the resort. We do aim to suprise our guests and the cupcakes were our little treat to you all. I am pleased you were able to avail of the Spa and you will be pleased to learn that a male therapist has now joined the team!
Fratelli is the most recent addition to our portfolio and has proved exceptionally popular since opening in May 2012 and I am glad you enjoyed your meal.

I do hope that you all can return to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Myself 2 sisters and mum all got an overnight package including spa, treatment, overnight stay, breakfast and dinner in gillies bar and grill. We did this to celebrate my 30th birthday. The place was everything and more I could of imagined. Felt so relaxed in the spa and getting my treatment. Rooms were beautiful. All the staff were so friendly and lovely. Our only disappointment was the food. all four of our plates went back nearly full :-/ starter main and even desert. Def not up to the same standard as the rest of the experience. My sister said she had noticed a lot of reviews here recently with people complaining about food at gillies bar and grill. Wouldn't put me of going again as will just try a different restaurant next time.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Lunndeloo83,

Thank you for posting a review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay and, despite a negative dining experience, allowing us the opportunity to make amends by staying at the resort in the future. May I apologise for your disappointment in Gillies. Such feedback is relatively rare and I have discussed your comments with all concerned, reiterating the importance of consistency in all that we do. Although we do indeed have both Fratelli and the River Room restaurants I would ask that you do consider trying Gillies Bar and Grill sometime in the future..

We look forward to your return

Northern Ireland
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just spent two magic nights at this wonderful resort and can't wait to get back. The rooms and beds are devine and the food is first class, much, much better than the Slieve Donard and better value for money. The staff were so attentive and friendly and willing to have a bit of banter, yes real people, dealing with real people, amazing and hard to find. The spa is wonderful and realy relaxing and the outdoor whirlpool is the business, especially when it's raining! This resort has set the benchmark and will be hard to beat and the good lady has instructed me to get it booked again and soon!

Room Tip: The river view is much better, but hey, who cares, they're all good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear McString,

thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you so enjoyed your stay at the resort. 2 nights really does give you the freedom to enjoy all our facilities at your leisure, particularly the Spa. The outdoor jacuzzi heated pool is the most recent addition to the facilities and has added a new dimension to the thermal experience. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff. We encourage our staff to engage our guests to create a nice balance of social interaction, thereby adding to the comfort of the whole experience. I have passed your comments onto the team and we do hope that you can return to the resort in the very near future.

Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

i keep coming back to this hotel. i like to try new places but i cant stay away. the food is so good. the spa is amazing. the beds are so comfortable. this time we had a suite which gives you a nice seating area and large tv and deep bath. dinner in the river room was as always divine. with all the little extra tasters we both left very full. we spent the next few hours sitting at the bar drinking cocktails talking about how good dinner was. long island spiced tea is always great , my partner loves the strawberry frolic. i have always found the staff friendly and helpful. i had a problem getting 1 of the tvs in the room to work. moments after ringing reception there was a knock on the door and there was someone there to fix the problem. as it turns out there was no problem, just me not knowing how to use a remote. if you can get up early the spa is very quiet and the outdoor heated pool is a great way to wake up. followed by as much breakfast as you could want. thank you to the management and staff. we had a great stay and will be back

Room Tip: balcony room is really worth the extra.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BCHarmon,

Thank you again for another kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed staying at, and feel so at home at, the resort. It is truly uplifting to all at the resort when our guests feel this way. I am glad you were able to stay in one of the Junior Suites, a special treat indeed. I have passed your comments onto the team in the River Room and I agree that the standard there is second to none.

Please let me know when you wish to return and I would be delighted to assist with any arrangements.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymena
Tullyglass House Hotel
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Dunadry Hotel
Dunadry Hotel
#1 of 1 in Dunadry

Been to Galgorm Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!