“Fantastic relaxing break, can't wait to book again!”

Galgorm Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ballymena
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Fantastic relaxing break, can't wait to book again!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Recommended by friend, wasn't sure what to expect as had never heard of it before. Was beyond all my expectations! Hotel was clean, rooms very comfortable. Staff were helpful and friendly. Ate in the Italian restaurant food was gorgeous. Spa was amazing! Bar had great atmosphere with good live music. What more could you ask for!! Would thoroughly recommended. Looking forward to booking again soon. Have to congratulate both management and staff.

• Stayed November 2012
PSmythGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear herityecar,

Thank you for your kind review and I am so pleased you have discovered us. The italian restaurant "Fratelli" opened in May of this year and has been an instant hit and compliments our established Gillies Bar and Grill and The River Room restaurants. I am also glad you were able to use the Spa facilities during your time here, such a shame if they are missed.

We are looking forward to your next stay.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
UK
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here on Thursday and Friday night and we delighted on arrival to be upgraded to a suite. Our stay at the hotel was extremely relaxing. We ate in gillies both nights and he food and service were faultless, particularly the service of an attentive young waiter called Alex. We enjoyed two treatments during our stay and while I enjoyed them I found the massage a little underwhelming. The lovely girl who did my massage at 10am also served our dinner in the restaurant that night so she perhaps understandably does not have the energy to give her all on split shifts across spa and restaurant. Our room was lovely but a few quibbles - wrinkly pillow cases, large holes in bed cushions, tv flickered a lot. However these are minor irks in an otherwise great stay. The staff were unfailingly courteous and friendly. Breakfast was fantastic also.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Colhooney,

Thank you for your kind review and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Gillies Bar and Grill has been a very popular destination since opening in 2006 and gives the Resort a rather unique offering. I have passed your kind comments onto Alex. We pride ourselves on our staff and appreciate what they bring to Galgorm. I have spoken to our housekeeping dept regarding the issues raised.

We look forward to you returning to the Resort in the near future.

n.ireland
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Had a lovely morning at the Galgorm Spa where we felt pampered from the minute we were welcomed at reception. The surrounding are blissfully peaceful, the outdoor hot tub and jacuzzi overlooking lovely gardens and river, the decor in the spa is tasteful and the whole atmosphere tranquil, as you would expect. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had lunch in Gillies Restaurant the food was lovely and the service excellent ! We would return there again and highly recommend for a special treat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear egg_1989,

thank you for taking the time to review the Spa at Galgorm and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time there. The packageincluding full use of the thermal spa and lunch has proved to be extremely popular and allows us to show off the large array of facilities available. The recent addition of the outdoor heated jacuzzi pool has further improved these.
I do hope that you can return to the Resort in the very near future.

Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

stayed on a 3 night package meal good at gillies drunks in corridor woke us up at midnight at breakfast had to ask for fresh potatoe bread and soda as it was hard. spa excellent fratellis very disappointing lasagna didnt eat any of it. hard to get away from none stop music

Room Tip: rooms good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank patricia s
Dear patricia s,

thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am delighted that you enjoyed Gillies Bar and Grill and the use of the Spa facilities. May I apologise however for the disappointment you felt in other areas. I have discussed your comments with the relevant departments and reiterated how important consistency throughout the Resort is.
I do hope that , in the light of the positive aspects of your stay, you stay at the Resort again and allow us the opprtunity to portray ourselves as we should.

Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just experienced a fantastic time in Galgorm. We had the overnight package consisting of 2 treatments with dinner in Gillies. The Spa is beautiful and relaxing, the food was excellent at dinner (although I ate too much!), the rooms were so comfortable and cosy and the breakfast was one of the best I have ever had with so much choice. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear shaluc,

thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Staying two nights allowed you to take full advantage of the wonderful facilities we have to offer. I have passed your kind comments onto our team. The Spa at Galgorm we are particularly proud of, and it has been a joy to see it grow into a world class venue.

I do hope that you can return to the resort in the very near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here with my 3 daughters for one night on 21 October. Although the hotel was very busy I was very shocked to be advised that one of our rooms was not ready, this was at 3.20pm and we had already queued at check in for 20 minutes. The reason given for the delay was " they were waiting for bed linen" However the rooms were very nice, well furnished and with very comfortable beds. We headed to the spa only to be told they has run out of towels but as we were wearing our bathrobes they would do, towels did arrive within a few minutes so we were able to use the spa. The bathrobes in both our rooms would not fit anyone larger than a size 12/14.
We dined in Gillies which is a pub serving pub grub, you do not feel that you are staying in a 4 star hotel. The food was fine and the staff were lovely throughout the hotel. The entertainment in Gillies was excellent with a great atmosphere.
Breakfast again was served in Giilies and was a bit chaotic and confused, maybe it was because it was so busy. The food was fine but long walks up and down stairs was a bit of a chore.
I am retruning to this hotel next week and will be dining in the River Room and hope it will be an improvement on Gillies.
Overall this is a lovely hotel, set in delightful grounds but somehow it doesn't all come together.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Patsy060,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am glad you were so impressed with many aspects of your stay. May I apologise however for the disappointments you felt. Our normal check in time of 3pm was delayed as we had a minor issue with the Laundry. This also affected the normal laundry provision within the Spa but I am pleased to say the issue was quickly resolved. Gillies Bar and Grill is one of three restaurants at the resort along with "Fratelli" italian and our 2 AA rosette River Room restaurant. I am delighted that you will have the opportunity to dine at the River Room soon. I have passed on your kind comments regarding the staff and hope that you and your daughters will choose to stay at the resort again in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I decided to spend our 20th wedding anniversary in the UK. A great many of our friends suggested the Galgorm as it was a world class resort. They were not wrong. The grounds were well maintained, the facilities were crisp, clean and more importantly, had a charm and homeliness. The staff were genuinely friendly. No 'American' style service here; just pleasant politeness with a sense of humour. The rooms were clean and well maintained which included an ironing board, iron, hair drier, tv, kettle and safe. The beds are large and verging on the soft side but not saggy or uncomfortable. There are two restaurants, both of which serve quality food. The breakfasts are particularly good with a vast range of options. The spa and treatments are fantastic. The indoor pool is pleasantly heated whilst the outdoor pools are warm. The saunas were not as hot as I would have liked but it was still ok. I had a full body massage which was fantastic. I have to admit I fell asleep during the back massage because I was that chilled!
Would we return for another stay? At a drop of the hat!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear mikeyjl,

thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed celebrating your anniversary with us. I must agree, despite having a setting second to none and world class facilities, it is our staff who really shine through and we are extremely proud of our team at Galgorm. I have passed your kind comments on to them. I hope that you can return to the UK and the Resort in the very near future.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymena
Tullyglass House Hotel
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Leighinmohr House Hotel
Leighinmohr House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Galgorm Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!