“Whoops....”
Review of The Countryman

The Countryman
Ranked #6 of 143 Restaurants in Ballymena
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Whoops....”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I ate here recently with family. Service was ok. Quality of food ok. I had the Caesar salad, which was coated in mayo, I asked for the Caesar dressing and was given what only appeared to be salad cream with mustard in it. Didn't enjoy. Presentation was lovely though. Daughter had the combo for one, she enjoyed. Uncle had the scampi, he finished it. Aunt had the soda pizza, strange. For a giggle look at the back of the restaurant menu, tobacco onions, not sure about that one. Overall not very impressed.

“Sunday dinner is a must”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I live close by an used to go at least once a month for lunch the last 3 times where terrible the staff where really rude and could hardly speak english it had lost its charm. I gave up and swore never to be back this was in june. Last Sunday I really wanted a break from cooking and thought ill give it a go, well what a surprise I got when i arrived i was greated by Paul whos been there for years i thought he had left but lucky for them thats not the case he got my family a table an adjusted the menus to my fussy kids requirements and i ordered the roast beef it was beautiful melt in your mouth and arrived warm and quick ill be back next sunday :-)

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank leanne230
N Ireland
“Enjoyable Family Meal”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was invited by family members to go out for Sunday night dinner.
This place was a lot better than I was expecting.
There was a great choice of all courses. The food was good value, portions are BIG & the food was very good.
Out of a table of 8 - we had no complaints at all & everyone enjoyed their dinner.
The service was good & staff were friendly.

Would definitely return & be happy to recommend to others

• Visited September 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A lot better than I expected”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Ballymena isnt blessed with too many good places to eat and the last place I expected to be spending my Saturday was in the Lounge side of my old teenage haunt and the bar where I did most of my underage drinking (many years ago). But it was good.
The service was a bit sultry (mainly because many of the staff seemed to be pregnant and uncomfortable to be working) but it was efficient. The prices were good and the food was well prepared and presented.
I think I would go again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Flying-inn
Ballymena
“What a bad experience”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

In fairness if you get a good table the restaurant is quite comfortable, however the school type tables and chairs on the wooden floor are not pleasant. The quality of the food and the standard of the service leaves something to be desired. If you want pub grub at restaurant prices then this is the place. Also the price of the drink is also top end restaurant rates. All of the servers are foreign which makes it difficult to communicate and a smile would be nice but with our eastern European colleagues that rarely happens.

What ever you do never complain about the food. The owner will always say that it is your fault and when he can speak without shaking and shouting he will tell you to leave.

Not a great experience...

• Visited July 2013