“A lot better than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Countryman

The Countryman
Ranked #9 of 141 Restaurants in Ballymena
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A lot better than I expected”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Ballymena isnt blessed with too many good places to eat and the last place I expected to be spending my Saturday was in the Lounge side of my old teenage haunt and the bar where I did most of my underage drinking (many years ago). But it was good.
The service was a bit sultry (mainly because many of the staff seemed to be pregnant and uncomfortable to be working) but it was efficient. The prices were good and the food was well prepared and presented.
I think I would go again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Flying-inn

Ballymena
“What a bad experience”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

In fairness if you get a good table the restaurant is quite comfortable, however the school type tables and chairs on the wooden floor are not pleasant. The quality of the food and the standard of the service leaves something to be desired. If you want pub grub at restaurant prices then this is the place. Also the price of the drink is also top end restaurant rates. All of the servers are foreign which makes it difficult to communicate and a smile would be nice but with our eastern European colleagues that rarely happens.

What ever you do never complain about the food. The owner will always say that it is your fault and when he can speak without shaking and shouting he will tell you to leave.

Not a great experience...

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank John R
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“more praise”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Have visited the Countryman quite a few times since my last review an as always it never disappoints. That's why I keep going back. Hopefully will be back later in the week!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Beth R
Ruislip, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We went here for a bite to eat and to be honest I didn't have high expectations. I ordered the chilli beef and it was so tasty that I think I will return next week to have it again. Good service and the staff were friendly.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Leanne C
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“good food as always”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I visit the countryman qiute often and the food is always good as is the service. The staff are very friendly and the meals are good value. will be visiting again tomorrow night.

Visited June 2013