“A belated but well deserved "Thank you!"”
Review of Meadowview B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballymena
Meadowview B&B
Ranked #1 of 15 Ballymena B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A belated but well deserved "Thank you!"”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed at this B&B as was going to a wedding in Galgorm 21st June and did not want to be ripped off with the rates they were offering. So checked online for B&B's closest to Galgorm, from the moment we arrived at Meadowview we realised very quickly we had made the best decision.

Helen gave me directions to the B&B was even waiting in the driveway for me and welcomed me with huge friendly hug. She showed us to our room which was clean airy, neutrally decorated with shower/bathroom with the freshest sheets i have ever smelt. It is evident Helen & George take pride in the B&B inside & out (the grounds are well looked after and honestly the photo's do not do it justice). Being in hospitality i can be quiet critical but breakfast was 1st class, freshly cooked and being asked what you like/don't like makes a welcome change to just leave on the plate what you don't want! We checked out at 11am & needed to catch a train not knowing times or how far we were away from the station Helen had left a wee note of the times at the breakfast table and George gave us a lift to the station!! Nothing is too much trouble for this couple they have the best B&B i have stayed in with high standards and a warm homely feel. I will definately be back and will tell everyone who is going to Galgorm weddings to stay here instead for a fraction of the price and a more personal experience. A big thank you Helen & George keep the good work up!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Notts
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Recently visited this b&b which is so clean, comfortable and welcoming - it is simply the best. Helen is a wonderful example of how a host should be! Great breakfast with many extras. Her homemade shorthbread is superb and the whole experience is one of tranquility in a lovely part of Northern Ireland

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sunshineNotts
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a hotel near the Galgorm hotel to stay for a couple of nights. Normally it's only hotels that would be considered, however the Trip Advisor score was so good that we decided to give B&B's a go. We honestly thought that it couldn't be as good as the reviews, we were wrong. Great location, lovely rooms with everything you could need plus more. Such a warm welcome with various delicious sweet treats, absolutely amazing breakfast, even got a lift to the wedding. But most of all, it's Helen and George who make it so special. They really cannot do enough to help and we really appreciated & enjoyed our 2 days there. Can't recommend it enough.
After the wedding we spent a couple of days exploring Northern Ireland (first time visitors) and the sights. Was such a great trip, titanic museum, the causeway etc so amazing. Loved our first trip to Northern Ireland, the sun being out was a nice surprise & everybody seems to keep their gardens so nice!
Rich&Lorna

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Scotland V
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed in Meadowview with my daughter as we were attending a wedding in Galgorm and I cannot rate Meadowview highly enough. Helen greeted us with tea, coffee and home made boiled cake and we were shown to our lovely room overlooking the garden. We had a king size bed and single and e suite shower room. Beautiful crisp white bedding, fluffy white towels and complimentary toiletries. Fridge built in to cupboard, selection of teas, coffee and home made shortbread and kettle in room. I could have happily stayed and not gone to wedding as the comfy sofa was so inviting and magazines were also left for us.

George, Helen,s husband very kindly chauffaured us to the Galgorm.

We had an excellent night's sleep as the beds were very comfortable.

Breakfast in the morning was first class with orange juice, an amazing selection of cereals and a perfect Ulster fry. The home made wheaten bread and selection of home made jams, marmalade and preserves were fantastic...I wanted to sample all of them as they were so delicious.

Sadly we had to leave after just one night.

I highly recommend Meadowview and could not fault anything. Thank you so much.

Also thank you Helen for the recipes for wheaten and boiled cake. Made the boiled cake as soon as I got home and it was very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Beautiful accommodations and warm hospitality for 3 days and 4 nights. We were welcomed on our arrival and pampered during our entire stay. When we had a wreck in the rental car Helen and George listened sympathetically and helped us put everything in perspective. The flowers in the garden were blooming and gorgeous. It was quite lovely to sit outside with a cup of tea and piece of cake in the evening. There were fresh flowers in our rooms and on the table at breakfast. The en suite rooms were very comfortable and had special amenities (small frig, tea pot, candies, etc). Helen is a great cook. Her wheaten bread is a yummy way to start the day. We are leaving Northern Ireland with new friends in our heart!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed in Meadowview with Helen and George for 3 weeks while working locally, and I loved my time there! I was made to feel so very welcome, I was very well looked after and spoilt rotten!

The food was great, I've never seen such a large selection of cereals, and massive fries on offer every morning. My personal favourite was Helen's homemade wheaten bread, it is absolutely to die for, I've never tasted anything close to as nice as it!

The rooms are beautifully decorated, clean and tidy, with fresh flowers, bowels of chocolates biscuits, home made shortbread (also amazing!) and toffees, along with a kettle and a huge selection of teas and coffees. Helen also made the effort to bring me in a little treat each evening, from homemade chocolate cake to vegetable soup!

I would absolutely recommend this B&B to anyone visiting anywhere in the North of NI, it is exceptionally good value and you will be well looked after by the fabulous Helen, I cannot praise her or her wonderful B&B enough!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Made to feel very welcome and a very relaxed atmosphere for the 2 nights we stayed. Offering cups of tea or coffee or something a bit stronger as soon as we arrived. We arrived Friday evening for a wedding and Helen insisted her husband George would taxi us to the hotel when we were ready to go. Home cooking was second to none! Home and garden first class but most of all they welcomed us into their home and extended family, cats and all!!! Craic was great too!!!! Many thanks Helen and George, we will surely be back next time we are up in your direction. God Bless Mary and Martin xx

Room Tip: any room great very quiet!