“nice hotel”

and 1 more site!
Rosspark Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Ballymena
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as a friend of mine was getting married there the rooms are fine but the bathroom is dark i could hardly see and the bed was very very hard for me but that's just my personal preference the dinner was ok, as was breakfast not what i was expecting from this hotel and from all the good reports i had heard i was a little disappointed nothing terrible about the hotel but nothing great either just a nice hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My cousin got married on 9-3-13 the weather was a little damp but hotel and meal was outstanding. Staff were excellent and Angus just made the couples day. Me and my husband stayed over and were pleased with our room and breakfast in the morning was also outstanding. An excellent hotel for anybody thinking of getting married and looking for venue.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Myself my sister her little girl and my mum had afternoon tea on Sat 9th Mar 13 at the Rosspark. It was just perfect!! We were greated by a female on the reception desk who was very friendly and as myself and mum had arrived early was told to take a seat anywere we liked and just let them know when the others had arrived and we would be service. As soon as we were ready a man came to the table and gave us a choice of sandwichs that they can make fresh for our afternoon tea, which is great knowing you will like everything you get. Service was excellent and provided us with a free pot of tea at least 2 times with out being asked!! Hotel was busy with a converance and wedding guest arriving. at one point I asked was ok for to sit on as we were in the lounge area and was told you are just as important as the other guest stay as long as you like. I really would say we had a lovely afternoon and will be booking another one very soon :) Would recommend it to ANYONE!!!!! I think £14.95 per coulpe it was VERY good value for money.

Thanks Rosspark Park for a lovely pre mothers day out :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

While driving past my (now) husband decided we should call in and ask about their wedding packages. We didn't have an appointment and this was quite early on a sunday morning but the staff could not have been more friendly! They glady showed around everything (including bedrooms that were not in use), the function room and explained their brochure to us.

The following week we viewed another venue where the staff seemed rude by comparison, so I phoned the Rosspark and made a proper appointment. My parents had wanted me to use another venue for our wedding, but when they came with us to the Rosspark and had a really good chat with Angus (co-ordinator) they wanted us to book it there and then....so we did! All very reasonably priced considering the seamless feel they give to day.

We even brought the date forward a year and they were very accomodating and always friendly when we went for meals (now a favourite of ours...especially the bar menu).

Angus was always professional and always approachable, expecially on the big day itself. He really did make us feel at ease (and even got the chef to make my favourite - a chocolate cheesecake as one of our dessert options). The food (roast beef was our main meal choice) was superb and everyone remarks on how lovely the food was and how big the portions were.

The bedrooms are lovey and have been newly refurbished, and the breakfast is a hot buffett style - so just take what you want. The gardens are absolutely perfect for wedding day photos and we were blessed with a warm sunny day so all our family and friends were able to enjoy a drink or two in the outside seating areas.

I can honestly say I would not change a thing about our wedding day and a large part of that is down to the relaxed and family orientated atmosphere of the hotel and its staff. It was enjoyed so much that my brother and his fiance have also booked their wedding there for next year.

The function room now has fairy light curtains for that extra special touch.

All in all, a brilliant venue for a wedding.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Booked the Rosspark Hotel for our Wedding Reception on 1st November 2012.
We had a very small wedding, with only 30 guest for dinner, plus ourselves.

Nothing but excellent things to say, hotel staff couldn't have been more helpful. The Ross Suite is fantastic, and despite our small numbers, was warm and inviting. Food was delicious, the serving staff well mannered and attentive, the Manager on duty, Angus, very helpful. Turnaround after dinner for the arrival of over 120 evening guests was very swift and professional. A hotel deserving of 5 stars, yet only has 3. We couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Only ONE gripe, the Bridal Suite utilises a fire escape light which cannot be turned off, and it is quite bright. Other than that, just perfect!

Room Tip: Rosspark is perfect, all rooms are good!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have eaten here quite often & have never had a bad meal yet, whether it's lunch, afternoon tea or dinner. The staff are very friendly & the food is always first class. I would highly recommend it for any occasion & good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The food was excellent, really and truely and great value for what we got, it worked out at around £30 per head. Our waiter was excellent but the other staff were disappointing, we were shown into an dark empty sitting area, without back round music and most of the lights off and told to place our order without even ordering drinks. Then were were shown into an alcove that was cold and drafty, we ate the entire dinner with our coats on.
I found the venue disappointing, the dining room didnt reflect the cost of the experience and had a distinctly gastro pub feel to it. Given what we were paying per head the venue was appointed in cheap pine furniture and tacky decorations, there was little to no elegance in the place at all! We had chosen the hotel as an impressive venue to take some extended family for a graduation dinner, but we were underwhelmed and a little embarrassed by the hotel .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dantes_Infernals
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymena
Tullyglass House Hotel
#5 of 6 in Ballymena
Dunsilly Hotel
Dunsilly Hotel
#2 of 3 in Antrim

Been to Rosspark Hotel? Share your experiences!