“Broughshane B & B Absolutely a Traveller's Treasure”
Review of Broughshane B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballymena
Broughshane B & B
Ranked #8 of 15 Ballymena B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2011

The host was gracious, kind, generous. The food was delicious. The room was very clean, spacious, and we slept like royalty. It was not difficult to find the B&B and there was plenty of parking. It was near to shopping and the relatives we had come to visit. The flowers, trees, plants were just so descriptive of beautiful Ireland. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone, anytime.

Room Tip: Be honest & open with owner about your needs
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 25, 2011

jack is a nice man clean room good food and friendly
breakfast well cooked on time and plenty of it
disabled friendly easy access good ramp for wheelchair
would use again all good

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We were pleasently surprised by the village of Broughshane, it is a little gem in Northern Ireland. The flowers throughout the village make it inviting and the walk next to the river was lovely. The B and B was easy to get to via public transport from Belfast, only having to walk 100 metres to the door from the bus stop. We felt very welcome and had a wonderful stay at the B and B, Jack was extremely helpful. And he cooks a great breakfast! Thanks for your kind hospitality Jack. We look foward to seeing you again soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2010

This is the second time I have stayed at Broughshane B £ B - Jack's. Both times I was on courses locally, and his place was recommended by the course. I now know why. Spotless. Can't help you enough. So friendly. Beautiful village. Beautiful countryside surrounding it.
The breakfast is ordered the night before and is prepared when you want it. One morning I was not too well, and Jack's wife kindly prepared me food to take to my course in lieu of breakfast. If you buy an evening take-away, or fish and chips etc, they can be taken back, and there are plates, cutlery, etc, for your use in the dining room. Freeview and ensuites in all the rooms I stayed in.
First time I went there my flights were cancelled due to a certain volcano, which seriously messed up my travel arrangements getting there. But Jack didn't mind. Second time, I managed to fly, but was delayed twice, and ended up getting there just short of midnight. Jack was up, waiting for me saying he'd received my voicemail message. Now where else would you find that.
Can't wait for another course

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BuckersCheshire
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I was touring Ireland and Northern Ireland for my holiday and I chose to use B+Bs as I went from place to place. This was a very comfortable stop over. I stayed for a couple of nights and during that time I was always warmly welcomed and my breakfasts were amazing! I even had a menu to choose my breaky items. My motorcycle was securely stored in his garage, together with his lovely collection of bikes!

The village itself was one of the most friendliest I have EVER been too. Without exception, everyone was so polite and pleased to speak to me. I look forward to visiting Broughshane again soon and especially this brilliant B+B.

Greg

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Jack's hospitality and friendliness are second to none. It is truly a place where one can relax, it is central - all visitor attractions in NI are within easy travelling distances. Clean, warm and breakfasts are SUPER!! I highly recommend this B&B. Is on a beautiful walking/jogging circut (1.5 miles round). Two pubs, cafe, dentist(!!), and takeaways - grocery shops, everything you need in Broughshane and close to major centres.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2008

My wife and I had the pleasure of making Broughshane B&B our touring base during our stay in Northern Ireland. Our stay lasted from 11th of September until the 5th of October, during this time our host Jack Agnew could not have been more helpful. We were especially grateful to him during the two days our luggage was missing in transit. Broughshane proved to be an excellent base from which to tour NI especially after one of Jack's wonderful breakfasts. As a former resident of NI these were the sort of breakfasts I could only dream about on the other side of the world. Another great point in the favour of Broughshane B&B was the more than ample parking at the rear of the house. It was such a treat to return after a great day out and park the car without any hassles that can arise in a larger town. If you have any intention of visiting NI then 11 Knockhan Road must be on your list of places to stay. It's only a few minutes from all the major main roads and from the world famous Glens of Antrim. It is also only a few minutes from Slemish Mountain where St Patrick herded sheep & goats during his captivity. Not to be missed.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)