“Afternoon tea at Ballygally Castle”
Review of Ballygally Castle

Ballygally Castle
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballygally
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea at Ballygally Castle”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Birthday Afternoon Tea at Ballygally Castle Hotel was really enjoyable for my mother, daughter and myself we were celebrating mums 80th birthday it was a last minute idea booked the night before with the help of Tracy On the day Jackie our waiter made the afternoon a great success. We will return and would recommend the experience to others.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Stephen P, General Manager at Ballygally Castle, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Jacqueline h,

We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable dining experience at Ballygally Castle. I extend to your our thanks for taking the time and effort to share your thoughts in this public domain.

We look forward to your welcome return.

Yours Sincerely,

Stephen Perry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch with mum, I got a steak sandwich and mum got a burger. Her burger was lovely. My steak however was tough and had very little taste, the bread was stale and the onion were very greasy, the whole dish was bland. I sent it back and got a coronation chicken sandwich instead, this was no better it was also bland, the chicken wasn't great and there was so much butter in the sandwich that it made me feel sick. The bread also wasn't very fresh. The only good thing about the place was the staff were very friendly.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Lisa M
Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for your kind words of praise for our service staff. I will pass your comments on to those involved and ensure they are recognised. In the same light we will discuss and address your concerns and comment regarding our food during your visit.

I appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed August 1, 2014

stayed one night b&b,room was very spacious and had a great view of the bay,bed was very comfortable,the bathroom was i have to say the best,seperate shower and bath,no problem with condensation after we used the shower.had an evening meal in the hoteland breakfast next morning was buffet style,food was excellent on both occasions.found the hotel and surrounding gardens very clean and tidy,would really like to stay here again.a good spot to stay if you wanted to tour the glens of antrim.

Room Tip: ask for a seaview.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 'lamenator',

Thank you for your words of praise and encouragement. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at Ballygally Castle. We are committed to providing the finest hospitality, with passion and enthusiasm.

I will share your positive comments with our housekeeping team regarding the comfort of the beds and the general cleanliness. Our kitchen and restaurant teams will be delighted that you enjoyed both your breakfast and evening meal in our Garden Restaurant.

Again, thank you for your time and effort in reviewing your stay at Ballygally Castle.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I used to love this place. I've stayed in it numerous times over the last few years. It was cool to have a few drinks and go exploring through the castle. We always paid a bit more to stay in the old part of the hotel to get that air of spookiness that came with the 'Haunted Room'.

Apparently some marketing muppet decided that the room that draws people to the hotel wasn't good enough and decided to plaster the walls with information on the surrounding area and the history of the room itself.

As someone who works in marketing, I get what they were trying to do, but it completely pulls me out of the atmosphere of what the room is. I brought my new girlfriend a few weeks back and I'd built up this image of a haunted castle that we could go exploring, but the reality was completely different.

My favourite spot is no more, and I won't be back to stay. :(

Room Tip: I personally wouldn't recommend a stay here any longer.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alex K
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had our wedding at Ballygally on 21/06/2014 and it was the most amazing day! The sun was shining and Ballygally staff made sure everything was taken care of down to the last detail. We are from Northern Ireland but live in Scotland. When we picked Ballygally as our venue for the ceremony and the reception I was thinking to myself it was going to be a nightmare trying to organise my whole wedding from 200 odd miles away, but it turned out to be the complete opposite. Stephen Perry was amazing, we communicated through email and phone. He made the whole process so easy and relaxing! On the day Scott Weatherup (Duty Manager) was on hand to make sure everything went as planned and everything was how we wanted it to be. I stayed in the hotel the night before and had a meal with some close friends and family in the restaurant. The food here is amazing as was our wedding meal, I'm still getting comments over a month later! Defiantly a brilliant day had by all. You wouldn't believe the transformation of the room from the ceremony to the dinner to the party it was great. The rooms in the hotel are fabulous and the honeymoon suit was amazing with a beautiful view of the coast. The pictures have turned out amazing thanks to the beautiful gardens they have behind the wall, you wouldn't believe how beautiful they really are until you see them. We also had pictures taken on the beach as Ballygally have a set of steps through their car park onto it. Everything went to plan and was the best day of my life. If your planning a wedding I would highly recommend you go and see Ballygally in its full glory. The wedding meal and the buffet were beautiful, the staff were amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better venue. The managers Stephen and Scott were brilliant, they made sure everything was ok, and kept asking if there was anything we wanted changed. Cant wait to visit them again soon on our 1 year anniversary! Thanks guys you made a special day even more special with all your hard work! Rachael and Vincent Burrows!!!!!

Room Tip: Sea views are the best, but if your into gardening then the garden view rooms are definitely for you...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Rachael C
Dear Rachel C,

Thank you for your review, it is truly appreciated.

We thoroughly enjoyed working through the details with Vincent and yourself, in the run up to your Wedding Day.

The day itself was lovely and you looked amazing, with Vincent scrubbing up quite nicely also.

We wish you both every happiness for today and your future journey together. You will both be most welcome when you decide to return to 'the Castle'.

Best Wishes from all at Ballygally castle.
Lisburn
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stopped off for lunch yesterday with family . Walked in to a lovely bright clean hotel were attended to on arrival and shown to choice of table. The gentleman who attended to us was just lovely very attentive and excellent at his job . Ordered our lunch with advise from our lovely waiter and when it arrived it was lovely . Will be back again what a lovely place and the staff especially our waiter were top class's well done.

Room Tip: Didn't stay
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our room was a large corner front one with great views of the water and surrounding countryside.
The ensuite bathroom was very spacious.
The dining room is beautiful with wonderful views of their pretty gardens. Breakfast was very good as was the wait staff, however, i cannot say the same for the dinner service or meal.
We found the front desk staff to be very helpful and friendly.
It was very interesting to be able to climb up the tower to the haunted room.Unfortunately the ghost was out.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 60Linda7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballygally
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Londonderry Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Carnlough
Golden Mile
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

Been to Ballygally Castle? Share your experiences!