My husband and I took my elderly mother out for her lunch to Ballygally Castle Hotel.
Parking was very good, and we had a lovely view from out table. We ordered open prawn and salmon sandwiches, and a cheese, ham and onion marmalade Panini.
Open sandwiches were good apart from a mountain of dull lettuce that was dumped on the side of the plate ~ no salad dressing at all. The Panini was half empty, had just a little cheese, a tiny amount of ham and no sign of the onion marmalade :) Again a huge amount of boring lettuce leaves on the side. Really disappointed with the lunch which cost us a hefty £30 in total.
The waiter we had, Sam, was very helpful but the guy behind the bar whom I paid was not at all helpful and really let the other staff down......... was thinking of booking a weekend away here but now don't know if I will
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the scenic Antrim coast only 26 miles from Belfast and close to Larne, the Ballygally Castle faces the sandy beaches of Ballygally Bay. The Castle dates back to 1625 and is the only 17th Century building still used as a residence in Northern Ireland today. This enchanting hotel is full of character and charm. The many original castle features and antique furnishings also give the hotel a unique welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ballygally Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygally Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Ballygally Castle Northern Ireland