We did a one night stay here, driving up from Dublin we were spending the day between the Ulster Transport Museum and the Giant's Causeway. Didn't spend too long in the hotel and had booked it based on a good deal but we ended up being really pleasantly surprised. Had a lovely big room with separate couch area, which was great having a two year old in a cot with us. Staff were excellent and very helpful. We felt very welcome with a toddler too. The location, while a bit out of the way, is lovely. Spent a few hours the following day at a nearby fun park for kids which was brilliant - large play ground and little passenger train on tracks. Had a very nice afternoon tea before leaving. The hotel is not high end luxury but for a short break we had a really great time and i would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the scenic Antrim coast only 26 miles from Belfast and close to Larne, the Ballygally Castle faces the sandy beaches of Ballygally Bay. The Castle dates back to 1625 and is the only 17th Century building still used as a residence in Northern Ireland today. This enchanting hotel is full of character and charm. The many original castle features and antique furnishings also give the hotel a unique welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ballygally Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygally Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Ballygally Castle Northern Ireland