We were married in the 1625 Room at Ballygally Castle Hotel on 5th March and had our reception in the hotel afterwards. What an amazing venue and what wonderful staff! We always dreamed of having three things at our wedding: a unique venue, a little bit of glamour, but most of all an intimate family feeling that allowed everyone to have fun and enjoy and feel an integral part of our special day. That's a pretty big ask in this day and age but for us the Ballygally ticked all those boxes and more. We had people from all over the world at our wedding and everyone remarked at the fantastic mix of stunning location and high class but friendly 'couldn't do enough for you' service. From our pre-wedding meal the evening before, through our ceremony, to our reception drinks, meal and after party we were priveleged to be looked after by the most amazing staff. At every turn the management team of the Ballygally were at our shoulder facilitating and guiding us and our guests through our big day. I'm not usually a 'gusher' and I would admit that we are pretty easy-going but my wife and I are well educated and well travelled people who also know what real quality and class are, and this is where the Ballygally really shines. It's not about being 'uppety' or 'fancy shmancy', it's about having complete confidence that the venue and staff will provide exactly what you request of them in an encouraging, efficient, friendly and emotionally intelligent manner - what you might call 'old style' good service, and the sense that they actually cared personally about us having the best time possible. This for us will always be our memory of the Ballygally. Thanks so much to the General Manager Norman, his other managers Paul and Norma and all the reception and waiting staff at our wonderful wedding venue. Our hope is that other people will read this review and that it will encourage them to give you guys the opportunity to do for them what you did for us. If they work with and trust you as we did, they won't regret it and will have the wedding of their dreams.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Grant & Marcella Smyth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the scenic Antrim coast only 26 miles from Belfast and close to Larne, the Ballygally Castle faces the sandy beaches of Ballygally Bay. The Castle dates back to 1625 and is the only 17th Century building still used as a residence in Northern Ireland today. This enchanting hotel is full of character and charm. The many original castle features and antique furnishings also give the hotel a unique welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ballygally Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygally Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Ballygally Castle Northern Ireland