Newholme Guest House
$60
$80
$77
$62
Premier Inn Hull North Hotel(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
$61
PremierInn.com
Vale Guest House(Kingston-upon-Hull)
$32
Campanile Hull - City Center(Kingston-upon-Hull)
$37
$31
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hull Central(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
$42
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Doubletree by Hilton Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)
$89
$74
$87
$72
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were visiting family in Cottingham and stayed three nights. Our hosts Lorraine and Ian were welcoming and very easy company. We stayed in a room at the back on the ground floor. The room was clean, comfortable and easy access to the back garden. Lorraine served up a hearty breakfast each morning. We could park right in front or just across the road in a quiet street. Thank you Lorraine and Ian for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sssmour
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed at the Newholme Guest house on Saturday 28th after dropping our son off at Hull university . I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and can honestly say this Guest house lives upto its recommendations. We stayed in room 4 which was lovely and clean , nice and fresh and beds very comfortable . The owners of the guest house are lovely !!! Friendly but without being on top of you . The breakfast was delicious and nothing was too much trouble !! We can honestly say we will be visiting again !!!!!! THANK YOU X

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leanne G
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Just had several days here. The rooms were super, spacious and absolutely spotless. All the facilities were excellent and the breakfast was top notch. The owners were delightful, cheerful and helpful. They have created a great atmosphere, we felt very comfortable coming and going and felt very welcome. It was very good value for money also. We will definitely be back and can wholeheartedly reccomend this lovely B and B

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue H
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at the Newholme and I hope it won't be the last. For me, staying in accomodation alone is not enjoyable but at the Newholme I felt safe and relaxed. At the end of a long day it was a real pleasure to come back to the calm, comfort of my spotlessly clean room and comfortable bed. I can honestly say I have had three of the best night's sleep of my life in the Newholme and all with the prospect of a carefully prepared, delicious breakfast to set you up for the next day. The bathroom was shared and was of the same high standard as everything else - just perfect. On top of all this Lorraine and Ian are welcoming, friendly and pleasant - nothing is too much trouble. Their quiet friendliness is a real pleasure to experience and leaves you with an wonderful relaxed feeling and all of this at a very competitive rate. I have just unpacked my bag and my clothes still smell of the house, a smell that you notice as soon as you walk in (a mixture of clean sheets and soap!)

The Newholme is a beautiful old house with loads of character. The staircase is really pretty with a huge stained glass window that looks on to the big back garden surrounded with old woodland trees. The rooms have very high ceilings wihich also gives a sense of space even to the cosy singles. Literally next to the house is the little old fashioned railway station that can take you into Hull city centre in 6 minutes! You can also take a train in the opposite direction to the coast and have the prospect of being back on your doorstep after a long day with only a two minute walk down the leafy station path to your front door! Cottingham village is just a short stroll away with its restaurants, pubs and typical tea rooms, good shopping and a weekly market.

I would recommend this place to anyone - families, couples or people travelling alone. It is a lovely little oasis of comfort and peace and quiet. Thank you Lorraine and Ian - hope to see you again soon.
Noreen from Spain

Room Tip: I am a very light sleeper and my room was at the front of the house on a busy main road with the train station next door. I noticed no noise whatsoever and slept like a log. I suspect that because of the windows and thickness of the walls all the rooms are quiet and the ones backing onto the garden must be totally silent!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Noreen m
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have stayed at The Newholme Guest House, on several occasions whilst visiting our daughter who was studying at Hull University. The guest house is spotlessly clean, the rooms are the rooms large and spacious and there is a Communal sitting room. The hosts (Lorraine and Ian) are always very friendly, and happy to help with any query or information of places in the area to visit..

"Breakfasts" I can only echo what has previously been said,
The Breakfasts are Fantactic and really set you up for a busy day.

There is a nice pub and railway station just a few minutes walk away, and it is within an easy walk of Cottingham Village Centre, where there are lots of places to eat and drink!

Newholme Guest House is ideal for visiting Hull University, and is very close to both Needler Hall and The Lawns.

Our thanks to Ian and Lorraine, and hope to be visiting again soon.
Mark, Jenny and family