“Good stay and would return on our next visit to the Hull area.”
Review of Lazaat

Lazaat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cottingham
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Standard of accommodation was very good, well equipped and appointed. The bedroom was spacious and the décor was stylish with attractive touches such as dressing area including iron and trouser press and the bathroom was 'notable' for its size and excellent wet room area. Breakfasts provided a good variety although its the first time that I have seen a 'hearty breakfast' without bacon and more local produce would have been preferred e.g sausage and breads. There were private functions being held on both nights of our stay but we weren't disturbed in any way and were forewarned by staff and advised that we would be in quiet area of the hotel. The staff were pleasant and efficient. If I had a criticism it would be that there was no lift which was a surprise as it makes the bedroom area inaccessible.

Room Tip: Recommend room 1 !
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lazaat

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Fantastic value Dinner bed and breakfast rate. The room was large with walk in wardrobe large shower and bath. Bathrobes, lovely biscuits a well stocked mini bar, fruit, dvd player.
The food was delicious the garlic naan to die for. The waiters were attentive without being pushy especially Ben.
Everyone was really friendly and helpful from beginning to end. Based 1 mile outside the lovely village of Cottingham with many pubs and about 3 miles from historic Beverley so lots to do close by. Well worth a visit

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bartypicoshe
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

great little hotel. would def go again. great service. lovely staff. great food. nice big room. fab shower. only thing was the desserts weren't great and no bacon at breakfast............................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We held our Silver Wedding party in the Monsoon suite in August this year. The room looked lovely and all of the staff were very friendly and welcoming, helping us to finalise our preparations. We had approx 140 guests and had chosen the 7 item buffet. We were absolutely delighted with the food and received many compliments from our guests, all felt it was superior to the usual standard of buffet at other places for this size of event.

Some of our guests stayed overnight and were more than happy with the rooms which were clean and of a good size and well designed. There was a wedding taking place in the Pavillion part but this did not affect our party or guests.

We had a great evening and were more than happy with Lazaat as a venue!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here on business several times but sadly the most recent will be the last. The room was looking very tired which I would have forgiven during a recession, however when this is combined with the fact that I booked a double room and was given two singles (made up as such and then pushed together??!!) and a mattress that should have been condemned - it had springs sticking out of it. The breakfast on my last visit was good, however this time it was luke warm bordering cold and the sausages/beans etc were poor quality. It's a shame because this place used to be really good.....

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ianandmax
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a night in October. We had heard good reviews and in fairness, given the cheapness of the hotel, it had good quality rooms and the welcome was excellent. However, this really was the best part of the stay.

Having gone down to the bar for a few drinks, we'd been sitting on the sofas for a while, which became uncomfortable. When we asked if we could sit at a table, we were at first told no because they were setting up for dinner, and then begrudgingly told yes. Seems odd that dinner guests would seem to be more important to the hotel than overnight guests.

And then it came to the staying overnight part.. We had been forewarned of a wedding taking place - however, this was only AFTER we had booked - and were assured we would be given a quiet room. Instead, we had the DJ and music blaring at full volume until 1.00 a.m. as well as being forced to have the window shut because of the smoking area placed just beneath our window. When we tried to call reception to complain, the lady on the phone informed us that we shouldn't have been in those rooms as they weren't the quiet ones and offered us a free glass of wine. Not particularly helpful when all we wanted to do was get to sleep. And when we finally did, it was to be woken by drunks stumbling and shouting outside the door. Lovely.

Still what was most annoying was the total lack of apology the morning after - and to make it clear - we did not want money off the bill given that we had spent the night in the room. But to receive no apology whatsoever, or even any acknowledgment of the issue is appalling customer service. Whilst the hotel itself is decent enough, caveat emptor. Ask specifically whether they are hosting a wedding (sometimes they have two at the same time) before booking. If they say yes, DO NOT BOOK - you'd get more sleep at Heathrow Airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank BeeBee0
Reviewed October 12, 2013

A business trip saw me at Lazaat Hotel on a quiet Sunday booked on Booking.com earlier in the afternoon. The reviews were good so I didn't hesitate. Located near to Beverley where I had a meeting the next morning and up a quiet country the car park was deserted when I arrived at 8pm but a friendly receptionist checked me in and I booked continental breakfast which was to be delivered to my room the next morning. I was in an executive room on the first floor, Room 1. When I arrived at the room the door was propped open with a chair and when I entered there was an unmistakable smell of stale sweat. I opened the window to freshen things up and since I was late for a dinner appointment elsewhere I dumped my bags and left. I noticed at that point that there was no way of locking the door from the inside - very unusual and not very reassuring. When I arrived back later the smell had largely disappeared. The room was fine with a big walk in shower but the shaving mirror was broken and hanging off the wall. The bed however was something else. The mattress was past its with the springs uncomfortably close to the surface. I had an early start so I didn't complain. Things got worse when at 1am I was woken by the sound of someone dragging chairs across the floor on the ground floor. After an unsettled night, breakfast was duly delivered to my room when I was told there had been a power cut during the night and so there were no croissants available, there was no bread or toast either but they still served me a glass tumbler with jam in it together with a bowl of cereal with no milk. I checked out without hesitation and made comment on my dissatisfaction. No constructive response was forthcoming, more of a shrug of the shoulders. I made a mental note never to go back. I advise you to avoid the place like the plague.

Room Tip: Check your room before you agree to stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Fergus_McKenzie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottingham
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club
Innkeepers Lodge Hull, Willerby
Best Western Lairgate Hotel
Premier Inn Beverley Town Centre Hotel

Been to Lazaat? Share your experiences!