“Very good but no cooked breakfast”
Review of Lazaat

Lazaat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cottingham
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Have been using Hotels in the area for 30 years. Initially I thought I had found the best yet until breakfast. Room, price and check in all very good by only a continental breakfast mid week! No apologies when I asked either. At check out I asked again but was told it was company policy. No reason given so think this is very poor indeed!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Woodworker50
Lazaat, Manager at Lazaat, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Hello Woodworker50,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

With respect to breakfast we took a decision to offer a continental breakfast through the week included within our bedroom rate and pass the savings on to our guests.

Our average midweek rate for single occupancy is £55.00 and we feel that this represents great value to our guests who appreciate the quality and the great value of Lazaat....clearly it would not have been feasible to offer a cooked breakfast at these price points.

Conversely, we do offer a cooked breakfast at the weekend and this may be of interest to your in the future.

Kind Regards,
Helen Butler

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The rooms are very big and comfortable. The staff are excellent. Breakfast bit sparse but ok Would recommend for a stay in or near Hulll. This is excellent value for money in very good accommodation.My only reservation was the noisy fridge !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I must say given all the amazing reviews perhaps I set the bar too high.

We were given the disabled room and all I can say is, whoever designed it cannot have a clue about disability.

Tea tray was on a shelf which would make it difficult to reach if in wheelchair. TrIed to find a plug to switch on kettle and not one anywhere near the courtesy tray. Had to take whole tray down off shelf - with a kettle already full of water - and move it over to socket. Boiled the kettle and then had to move the at to the floor to make room. Very dangerous!

Husband went into wet room for a shower. Water everywhere so I couldn't have a shower. Manager came to the room and I explained I had driven 7 hours and now could not have a shower as not enough time. When we came back to room flood cleared up.

In the morning went I to the bathroom - no bin available. I had a shower and yet again it flooded.

Poor breakfast and no compensation offered as a result of bathroom

On the positive side, room was very large. Massive bed. Bar area very comfortable. Did not realize that restaurant not open on Monday but menu looked impressive

Room Tip: Avoid disabled room 14
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaneB1963
Lazaat, Manager at Lazaat, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Hello JaneB1963,

Thank you for your recent review.

It is of course disappointing that your experience of our hotel did not live up to your expectations.

Our disabled bedroom is a spacious bedroom on the ground floor and is complete with a disabled shower room, toilet facilities and alarm system. We are sorry that you feel that these facilities were not appropriate.

We are of course aware of your situation with regards to the shower flooding, and I can confirm that the General Manager, personally ensured that the matter was resolved, in addition to this, he offered you an alternative room for the evening, which was declined.

Feedback is greatly received and your comments with respect to some of the detail within room 14 will be discussed at our next manager meeting and any changes implanted with immediate effect.

Kind regards

Helen Butler

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

On arrival to the hotel, you will see a sign for a travellers site, that is the only thing you will see about the site, no noise, nothing at all so drive on into the car park. The hotel is surrounded by lovely gardens, ample car parking. The reception was clean and the staff were incredibly friendly and could not do enough to make the start of our stay special.
The rooms are beautiful and really well designed with dressing room and luxury bathroom. The standard is first class. The food was the best ever, still talking about it the next day. I could go on and on forever, I will cover it all simply. Our visit could not have been made better, the staff were like our family, I feel unkind to mention one member, however I will, Ben your attention to detail was incredible, you greeted every request like I was giving you the 6 winning numbers for the next Euro Millions, this hotel and restaurant deserves to be full every night, we will be back. You placed us in room number one and treated our 24 hour stay like we were number one, thank-you from The Megson family.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Meggo1709
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed for one night and ate in the restaurant. We walked into the room and was shocked at the standard of quality for the room price. Huge bed, very spacious room, bath and double shower, walk in wardrobe, a well stocked mini bar and even a welcome note.
Next we went to the restaurant. The staff were excellent, Let me change a dish on the menu to suit me.......and the food was stunning. I don't think I have ever ate food that nice.
All in all, I can not think of one complaint about this hotel/ restaurant. Everything was brilliant. A big thankyou to very welcoming and obviously very well trained and polite staff.
We will be back soon! :)

Room Tip: We had the executive room, which I'm guessing was the biggest. But still £65 for a night.....you...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for one night whilst attending an event at Beverley Racecourse.
The rooms were a good size and very clean, fully stocked mini bar and king size bed.
There was an event on the night we were there and the confirmation stated we would be put in a quiet room - this wasnt the case as out room overlooked the marque and the music was very loud. This wasn't necesserily a problem for us as we had a drink in the bar and the music had finished before we returned to the room.
The bed - although King size was in fact 2 beds pushed together making it slightly uncomfortable.
The hotel also makes a big thing of its food - we had breakfast included in the room rate and opted for the lazaat breakfast which consisted of scrambled egg with chillis and spices, sausage, tomato, fried onion and sautéed potatoes. Unfortunately this was extreamly bland and the tomato ketchup was spicer than the eggs which was a disappointment.
The hotel fullfileld it's purpose as a base but I wouldn't return in a hurry.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank KTandPM
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

A really well designed hotel that is interesting and atmospheric.The bedroom (no 5) was spacious and well equipped with minibar, tea and coffee, TV and good wifi. The bathroom was also a good size with an efficient shower. The bed was really comfortable, the windows kept external noise out and the curtains kept the early morning light out - result was the best night's sleep I have had for ages. The restaurant was very good - some really stylish dishes, well cooked and presented, and very reasonably priced wine list. Continental breakfast in the morning was considerably more imaginative than most of the ones I had had the previous week on a tour of France. Staff were friendly, welcoming and efficient.
I thought it was excellent accommodation and value and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottingham
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club
Innkeepers Lodge Hull, Willerby
Best Western Lairgate Hotel
Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel

Been to Lazaat? Share your experiences!