“Super Venue...Super Service”
Review of Lazaat

Lazaat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cottingham
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I recently help a surprise 40th Birthday party at Lazatt's at relatively short notice (4 weeks). The whole booking process was made simple by the competent events staff (Izzy and Helen) and very flexible in terms of finalising menu and numbers.

The room was well laid out to accommodate our 42 guests and included a dedicated bar and mood lighting that could be changed to suit the temp of the event. I opted for a hot buffet which was served in an adjacent room and included curry, stroganoff, pasta, breads, salads and vegetarian selection. There was plenty for those who wanted seconds and the quality of food was very good. The staff worked very hard and were attentive to our needs throughout the evening.

We stayed in a family room (2 adults, 2 children) that was clean and beautifully decorated with well stocked provisions and 'trust' mini-bar. A number of our guests also chose to stay over and were very complimentary about the accommodation.

Breakfast was served in the main restaurant which is spacious yet comfortable. Whilst there was a good choice on offer, I'm sorry to say that breakfast was a little disappointing. Both my wife and I ordered porridge which was thick, stodgy and tasted more like instant oat cereals (Ready Brek). We then ordered poached eggs on toast - the eggs arrived (deep yellow fresh yolks) but not the toast.....when it was eventually served the eggs were cold. The grapefruit segments we think were tinned. On the positive side coffee refills were readily available and the cooked breakfasts ordered by others were generous portions.

Breakfast aside, Lazatt's is a wonderful venue to hold a function and I would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: Book early
2  Thank JUSTINATKIN

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Last night I attended a surprise party with 40 guests which utilised the Ceylon room and this was ideal for this size with room to move enjoy a dance and well laid out tables. The bar was reasonably priced with a fair variety to choose from. The wine choice was quite basic and no cocktails available. The hot buffet provided very tasty curries and stroganoff with a vegetarian option plus salads, bread and a dessert. The whole hotel has nice decor in a North African come Middle East ambience very colourful providing a good atmosphere. The Hotel room was of similar decor with a huge bathroom, comfortable bed and a good level of equipment e.g. Iron, hair dryer and mini bar. There is some noise in a morning from the nearby road so ask for a room on the side away from the road. The breakfast morning had a good continental choice and freshly cooked poached eggs etc were very good the Lazat breakfast I chose was only ok it all seemed a little mass catered and not super fresh I would opt for a fresh cooked choice! All the staff were friendly super polite, courteous and helpful. I would definitely go again. The function had a singer booked and it was a great atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing the road.
1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The service from the minute you arrive is excellent,the restaurant serves top quality food at reasonable prices and has a good selection of gluten free dishes,which we required. We stayed overnight and were impressed by the large rooms with everthing you could need included.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank hulltiger70
Reviewed March 13, 2013

As a Yorkshire girl now removed to Cambridge I was excited to be returning to the place of my birth (Cottingham) This hotel was absolutely lovely. I find it difficult to believe I was in the UK at all. I travel to Egypt very often and it was just like a home from home to me, the decor is quite splendid. The rooms are lovely and it appears they are all different. We had several family members staying and we all had different rooms but we were all very pleased with them. They were well equipped warm and cosy. The rest of the hotel looked especially pretty in the evening and the function room was great for the birthday party we attended. My only little niggle was that it was a bit cold on the ground floor but I do feel the cold! The staff were very friendly on reception and in the restaurant. I do hope there will be an opportunity to return and I will most definitely be recommending your hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Unless you're disabled don't book the ground floor room. It is huge, very well equipped but...
1  Thank Jayne-LM
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had an amazing news eve celebration at Lazaats, which instigated another visit in there restaurant for a meal with my partner.

Again the initial welcome was superb, the menu was varied and tantalising.

The food when delivered to our table, was served with a smile, and placed on our table. The food was hot, very well presented and exceeded all expectations.

I would certainly recommend lazaats for an amazing meal, fantastic service and great value.

If you have a birthday or anniversary go and enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank philpou
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The website is promising, the price is reasonable and the concept of asian fusion is interesting. The reality is a small hotel, rooms that could do with more light and a cleaner decor and a bed that needs a better mattress. If you like indian food the restaurant does curries and tandooris. The main purpose of this place is functions, weddings and parties. They do tell you when you book, what they miss out telling you is that the by-pass nearby is noisier than the party!

Room Tip: ask not to be on the by-pass side
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have stayed at many hotels around the world, but this hotels ranks among the very best, and is unique. The attention to detail is top class, and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. The hotel and restaurant are not what you expect to see in Yorkshire. The food is excellent, and the service great.
We would recommend the hotel to everyone, and the function room is available for weddings, christenings etc.
Wonderful value for money. Please support this great hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Nice and peaceful, no doors banging!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank terry m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottingham
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club
Innkeepers Lodge Hull, Willerby
Best Western Lairgate Hotel
Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel

Been to Lazaat? Share your experiences!