“Back again ans still as good!”
Review of The Tickled Pig

The Tickled Pig
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Set in picturesque Wimborne Minster, The Tickled Pig serves an eclectic array of traditional British and modern European cuisine. Proudly growing many of their own ingredients, The Tickled Pig also uses produce sourced from the finest local suppliers. The daily changing menu of fresh seasonal produce allows the passionate chefs to create a tantalising menu including delicious seafood and meat dishes.
poole
“Back again ans still as good!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I returned to try a special dining evening- a 'Game Dinner Evening'. Whilst the ambience and welcome were as good as our first visit, the dishes this time I thought were outstanding. The venison was the best that I have tasted whist the composition of the Quail starter salad and the trout croquets of the second course were truly excellent. My only niggle is the background music!! WHY? Sadly it is true of so many restaurants. I wish that we could be allowed to hear that nondescript background chatter of the other diners which I think adds to the atmosphere, without the interference of loud speakers.

1 Thank dinners

Wimborne
“victims of their own success”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our fourth visit and the least satisfying.Food fine but a shortage of waiting staff meant we had to wait 35 minutes before somebody took our food order.Initially there two ladies trying to serve a full restaurant.We also had to ask for mustard and for the sweet menu.Two friends accompanied us for whom it was the first time at the restaurant and they were rather disappointed.Our previous visits were excellent and I feel that they are probably victims of their own success.We feel sure that they will take note of this criticism and the staffing levels will be rectified

2 Thank DacWimborne
wimborn
“Lovely place for coffee & cake, lunch or dinner”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been for coffee here many times and have always had great cake, excellent coffee and superb service.

More recently I enjoyed a lovely lunch which represented reasonable value for the quality of the food although I think that there could be a greater variety offered.

Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfection, every time”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love this place... These guys seriously know their food and keep coming up with irresistible dishes that deliver both on taste and appearance. As a vegetarian I've eaten many a bland and uninspiring dish on my travels, but I'm delighted to have found a local restaurant that puts the same passion and imagination into the veggie food as the meaty options. I'm surprised to see one or two reviews mentioning small portion sizes - I've got a pretty serious appetite and have never left unsatisfied. We've visited in groups of all sizes and the food and service have been flawless every time. The staff are friendly and attentive, always going the extra mile to make sure we've had a great evening. And the best thing of all is the fantastic atmosphere! After half a dozen visits I'm yet to find a single fault. These guys have thought of everything... Great decor, fantastic wine selection, nice choice of local beers... I could go on! One last thing... Try the cheese board, you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Sam B
Bath, United Kingdom
“Simply faultless”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have visited the Tickled Pig a few times now and every time it's faultless. The menu is inspired and the food is a triumph for the taste buds. Vegetarians are not forgotten with delicious meat free options such as the home-made pasta with chilli and rocket pesto. We were very impressed with the way the team handled our large party and all 24 of us were more than satisfied with our dishes. The service is always friendly and efficient and the food looks as good as it tastes and the wine, well the Rioja went down very well with the British Cheese board. We'll be back very soon.