“Lovely place for coffee & cake, lunch or dinner”
Review of The Tickled Pig

The Tickled Pig
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in picturesque Wimborne Minster, The Tickled Pig serves an eclectic array of traditional British and modern European cuisine. Proudly growing many of their own ingredients, The Tickled Pig also uses produce sourced from the finest local suppliers. The daily changing menu of fresh seasonal produce allows the passionate chefs to create a tantalising menu including delicious seafood and meat dishes.
wimborn
“Lovely place for coffee & cake, lunch or dinner”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been for coffee here many times and have always had great cake, excellent coffee and superb service.

More recently I enjoyed a lovely lunch which represented reasonable value for the quality of the food although I think that there could be a greater variety offered.

Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfection, every time”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love this place... These guys seriously know their food and keep coming up with irresistible dishes that deliver both on taste and appearance. As a vegetarian I've eaten many a bland and uninspiring dish on my travels, but I'm delighted to have found a local restaurant that puts the same passion and imagination into the veggie food as the meaty options. I'm surprised to see one or two reviews mentioning small portion sizes - I've got a pretty serious appetite and have never left unsatisfied. We've visited in groups of all sizes and the food and service have been flawless every time. The staff are friendly and attentive, always going the extra mile to make sure we've had a great evening. And the best thing of all is the fantastic atmosphere! After half a dozen visits I'm yet to find a single fault. These guys have thought of everything... Great decor, fantastic wine selection, nice choice of local beers... I could go on! One last thing... Try the cheese board, you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Sam B
Bath, United Kingdom
“Simply faultless”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have visited the Tickled Pig a few times now and every time it's faultless. The menu is inspired and the food is a triumph for the taste buds. Vegetarians are not forgotten with delicious meat free options such as the home-made pasta with chilli and rocket pesto. We were very impressed with the way the team handled our large party and all 24 of us were more than satisfied with our dishes. The service is always friendly and efficient and the food looks as good as it tastes and the wine, well the Rioja went down very well with the British Cheese board. We'll be back very soon.

Bournemouth
“Tickled taste buds”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Met up with friends at tickled pig last week for lunch.
Food great,service excellent,atmosphere warm,portions generous,rates reasonable.
Will defiantly be paying another visit.Highly recommended.

3 Thank Val041
Poole, United Kingdom
“Deliciously informal”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

First visit to The Tickeled Pig; a little apprehensive given comments about portion size as I have a good appetite. I shouldn't have worried; Ox Cheeks on Toast; Gunard; French Cheese plate. More than enough and delicious too. Lovely cosy atmosphere; quiet without being 'dead' - and all for a little over £30 per head which I think is good value (helped by not having vegatables charged as extras - an annoying practice that many 'up market' restaturants seem to use to lower the headline price!).

My only areas that I would change were the beans used for the espresso - somewhat bitter; and having only one cheese on the french cheese plate. The Langres was lovely but too much of one flavour. Two cheeses; half the quantity each, would have been ideal for me.

2 Thank MBrendan