“Disappointing”
Review of Honeybrook Farm

Honeybrook Farm
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A Traditional, Working Farm. We open to the public offering lots to do for children and families. Honeybrook is also a Beautiful venue for Weddings, Parties, Special Occasions and Events. We too run Wild Skills Adventures for children and young people as well as Workshops and Adult Courses in Traditional Crafts. Open seven days a week 10am - 5pm. No need to book in Easter and Summer School Holidays (much to contrary belief!) In the future we may introduce a system in the colder, quieter months whereby we would ask that you call in the morning to inform us of your visit so we can ensure we have everything open and running for you. However we would never turn you away! For a Family Day Out - River Trails, Farm Animals, Pets Corner, Tractor Rides, Pony Rides and Grooming, Adventure Play Area, Big Bouncing Pillow, Water Splash Pad, Soft Play Barn. The Wonkey Goose Cafe sells freshly ground coffee, teas and hot and cold food. Workshops and Craft Courses. Children and Young People: Wild Skills - Learn exciting Outdoor Survival Skills! Tie knots, track animals, build a den, light fires, forage for food, skin a rabbit, gut a fish and get cooking on your open fire. Watch Ranger demos and get hands on - A sense of Fun and Appropriate Clothing is the only requirement! Day courses in Traditional Crafts such as Pole Lathing, Clay Cob Oven Building, Introduction to Blacksmithing, Foraging, Porcelain Flower Making and many more. A Popular Wedding and Party Place - The Great Barn has a registered Ceremony Room and Bar, the Orchard is a beautiful spot for a Marquee if that is preferred and the Stone Circle next to the River is a magical place for a Handfasting - with vintage wagons, tractors and horses it is an ideal venue!
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Whilst I appreciate there is a lot to do at Honeybrook Farm I have to say that after my first visit this week with my 2yr old Granddaughter I was surprised at how everything appeared a bit 'tired'. If you like picnics beware, because the chickens, which run free and are clearly quite used to people and children running around, are a menace when comes to eating ones lunch. As my Granddaughter sat at a picnic table, chickens appeared from no where and tried to snatch the food out of her hands, even when I sat her on the table to finish eating, the chickens jumped on the table. Not pleasant and not very hygienic.
Would I return, probably not but maybe this Farm is better suited to older children.

2  Thank Fernville160
There are newer reviews for Honeybrook Farm

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Really disappointing as a regular/local to find such a huge price increase this year. Think a lot of people wont realise till they get there and just have to pay up. We used to pop in with friends and their kids, grandparents probably once a week/fortnight etc for a lovely day out but where for I would have come with my daughter and her grandparents for an hour or so for around £8 its now £18!! Its a lovely little farm on a nice day (except when its really hot and the steel slides/pillow are out of action) the staff are nice and its very pretty with a playgrounds, cafe,softplay and of course a few lovely animals to see. its a lovely way to spend a few hours however now the prices have gone up doubt we will visit as much as it was a great selling point that you felt you didnt have to stay to long and could just 'pop in' dependent on the kids. Now for the money would be more likely to pay a little more and to go to one of the other similar but bigger farms for the day :-(

2  Thank missmimi2014
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a really fun time at Honeybrook last Thursday, and thought it was good value at £15.00 for a family ticket. There was plenty of space and different areas to sit in and I thought the old farm buildings made an attractive setting, the girls loved the animals and the different play areas, and we all loved the tractor ride and playing Pooh sticks on the bridge over the river. The staff were friendly and helpful. We didn't have time to do everything and had to drag the girls away at the end. Thank you Alex

2  Thank Alex B
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Another fun-filled adventure at Honeybrook Farm. The sun was shining, we were surrounded by friends and big birthday celebrations were the order of the day. And no, the celebrations weren't for either of my children (who are aged 2 & 4) but for me as it was my 40th! I really wanted to do something that involved the whole family and our closest friends and our party ranged from little ones who were only 5 months old, to toddlers, school aged kids, mums, dads and grandparents.

From the outset when I phoned to make enquiries the staff have always been very helpful, enthusiastic and polite. We did a two hour Wildskills session (bushcraft, shelter building, toasting marshmallows on the campfire) and it was brilliant. Our leader Caz was very knowledgeable, skilled and was great with the kids (and adults too). The younger and slightly less young ones loved the tractor & trailer ride to and from the Wildskills basecamp. We had a picnic in one of the meadows afterwards and then enjoyed spending time in and around the farm itself. We had such an amazing day which far exceeded my expectations.

We've been coming regularly to Honeybrook over the last couple of years (it's a 40 mins drive from where we live). We've always found the staff to be enthusiastic, courteous, helpful, accommodating and hard working and it's a shame that that hasn't always been the experiences of other visitors. We did feel previously think they undercharged in terms of their admission prices and even now we still feel it's very good value for money for a day out.

Each time we go we discover new areas and little hidden gems that we didn't even know were there. Now my youngest is a confident walker (he's two and a half) we can't wait to explore the Riverside Park more and all it has to offer as it's lovely and quiet even on a busy day. I'll leave you to make up your own minds but for us we'll always hold Honeybrook close to our hearts as we've have some really fun times "down at the farm" and some wonderful memories to treasure too :) We'll be back there again soon!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I and our two children age 3 5 went here on a nice sunny day.
It's a farm but not a lot of animals.lots of play areas but you need the weather for this place.
This place could be a gold mine if some thought went into it.

1  Thank Barry L