“simply the best”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“simply the best”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

This has got to be the best indian restaurant I have ever eaten in and I have eaten in a lot.the staff are very attentive and will help you with your selection, the food is fantastic and presented really well, if you have not tried this place you must.Taj the owner is always on hand to chat with you to make your visit that more personal.

Visited June 2014

Wellesbourne Hastings, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience Food & Ambiance 2nd to none”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had an Indian takeaway over Easter & was that good we decided to take the family there for a sit down the following evening. Its a very personal place is definitely all about the customer. Quite simply this was one of the best quality,quantity & service we have had. Having travelled a lot of the world and tasted a lot of different type of foods, this restaurant got it just right. Out of the blue our 14 year old decided to ask the waiter to advise from the menu,along the lines of 'quite hot but not too hot'. The waiter listened patiently ask some questions then the most delicious dish was presented.I must also mention the ambiance here is incredible, if you arrive feeling hungry & tense you will definitely leave feeling suitably full & very relaxed. It was an incredible experience. If a bad review is made about this restaurant then you really have to question its contents, could this be a frightened competitor trying to give it a spoiler. I would put my money on it. So a very well done to all the staff, we will be back & with our friends.

• Visited April 2014
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian food”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Never been let down by our local 'Indian'. Always good food and service but rather limited wine selection.

Visited April 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“prepare to be disappointed!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We have just moved to Corfe Mullen and were delighted to see this great looking Indian restaurant not far away. We booked a table for 7.30 on a Friday night and the place looks pretty good on the inside too. While we were looking at the menu a waiter asked me to pull my chair in a bit so the people behind me could have more room. I'm an average size bloke so i was quite miffed about that. We ordered poppadoms to start and they came to the table light brown and tasted just as bad as they looked. The onion salad and lime pickle dips had other stuff mixed in amongst it so clearly hadn't been freshly served. I ordered garlic chilli chicken and pilaw rice while my wife had chicken tikka as her main meal. Mine was simply awful. My wife politely grimaced as she did her best not to spit it out. How on earth can they get the rice so bad? We quickly paid the bill (£50) and the waiter looked sheepish as he cleared the table. Oh well, never mind, i suppose it's back to the Himachol in Parkstone for us. If you haven't been to the Taj in Corfe Mullen yet, please, just give it a miss.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank Wendy W
Wareham, United Kingdom
“Always sure to get delicious food”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Once again a birthday well spent eating stunning food at the Taj. Always a winner with friends. It was very quiet only another few tables in use but the atmosphere was pleasant. It was all immaculately clean until the birthday girl smeared mango chutney on the white linen cloth. I know the waiters don’t want to hassle you when your chatting but perhaps clearing the table could have happened a little
sooner but otherwise a perfect night. We all enjoyed our meals and were thoroughly full at the end. Reasonably priced. About £20 each for a main meal, drink and tip. Will keep coming back. Easily One of the best
in Dorset.