“Deshi (authentic) Style”
Review of Taj

Taj
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian and Bengali cuisine, Come and indulge in true authentic flavours which will excite and galvanise your taste buds, And leave you lusting for more.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Taj, Sam and the front of house team give an excellent service even on the busiest of evenings. New Years Eve 2012 was one of those evenings with everyone working flat out, with a busy front of house and takeaways flying out the door. The star has to be the Chef hidden from view in a very hot kitchen! You see something on the menu but would like it adapting slightly ask and your wish appears from the kitchen and tastes wonderful. Please bear in mind that your food is freshly cooked and will take a bit longer to appear than a fast food takeaway. Still feel unsure about eating Indian or had a bad experience, ask one of the team for help tell them you only like mild or medium taste and they deliver. If you like it hot go for it I am told that you can have a really hot dish but still taste all the flavours. If you are a vegitarian get them to leave the meat out of the meat dishes read the menu not just the names and don't just have the name of the food that you 'know'.
My husband and I have worked our way through the menu, over the years, trying most things we don't do 'hot' but we do like spice there is a big difference. We still ask for advice and often share starters which we like eating with our papadoms. We then share a main course with a selection of vegetables, rice or Naan. We leave nothing on the plates and leave feeling very satisfied, relaxed and happy. We have been honoured to try new dishes over the years and it is great to see them appear on the menu.
It has become a bit of a family tradition to celebrate my birthday and my husbands birthday at our favourite restaurant and we seem drift there on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve on our own or with friends. We have taken many friends to eat there and they have never been disappointed and that then becomes the place to eat when they visit. Even our friends and family who don't do Indian want more. Corfe Mullen has to be the luckiest 'village' to have its very own high quality Indian and Bengali restaurant, and if you haven't been, go on give it a try. You will be impressed I am sure. If you are not happy with something say so and then it can be sorted for the next time. If you want a cosy private table you can request one of the bays. There are 2 big round tables ideal for small groups, a large party then an extended long table will suit. Ask Taj or Sam and you will be delighted.
I am looking forward to my next visit which will be my Birthday treat (I get to pay!). Once you have eaten here you will understand why they have done long distance takeaway deliveries for the discerning palate, Deshi Style Indian and Bengali food that cannot be beaten.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've been eating here for over 10 years now, and was lucky enough to attend their 10th anniversary celebrations.
The food is second to none, and the service is without exception outstanding.
Taj, Sam and the team run a tight ship which is reflected in the quality of the ingredients and atmosphere.
On occasions I've been asked to sample new creations from the kitchen, which are an added bonus to being a loyal customer.
The restaurant itself has always been a comfortable and relaxing place to spend and evening, and remains so today.
The recent National press coverage for Taj can only bring good things.

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful evening. Restaurant had a very nice atmosphere. Food was great. Staff very friendly and responsive. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Ate here Saturday evening, received a friendly welcome, food was great and the waiting staff were friendly. thoroughly enjoyable evening with great friends and great food.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very disappointed, poppodoms were stale, we had to ask to order our main course after 20 mins of finishing poppodoms which we left, when main course arrived only the Balti dish came the waiter said rice is coming and we waited and waited until we were fed up and then we asked for the rice after almost 10 mins of waiting quite shocking really, never would I recommend or attend again, thanks for ruining our evening. By the way I have never ever written anything negative about a resteraunt in my life but this was a joke.

5  Thank Micky H