“Passing by”

Black Horse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Driving passed we where starving, Sunday roast is all I needed, I was a bit disappointed with my roast not really what I'm used to it was hot tasted nice but the graving was like water & the beef looked pre cut Yorkshire pud was not home cooked, I looked at the other meals coming out & they looked great but I couldn't recommend the roast AA+

2  Thank Dawn B

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Had a very enjoyable meal at the black horse with seven family members including two toddlers. We were all made very welcome by thee exceptionally friendly landlady. Food orders arrived nice and prompt but table service was slightly lacking thereafter. We were all very happy with our main course and deserts. We would all be happy to eat there again.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Angela and I try to eat here once a week as a treat.
The welcome is warm and friendly, the beer is great ( and always reliable ! ) but the food is
top value. This is a pub trying to be a pub and succeeding ! Not trying to be a restaurant.
Even on a very busy evening the staff have time for you.
Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank J0hnandAngela
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We arrived about 1.30pm for Sunday lunch (booked table). The staff & atmosphere are very good & the food was great. Only reason for not giving 5 stars is that a number of items on the menu were no longer available when we ordered which was rather frustrating.

Would recommend & hope to go again