“Old Thatch pub”

The Old Thatch
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Good service and good priced food busy when we went in and our 3rd visit will go back.
Staff very good and very helpful.
I have read the reports about the dogs and i dont see this as a problem as all the dogs were well behaved, we need to keep these pubs going and give it a try.
We have not seen any children on our visits.
The food is of a better quality than others in the location.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Four of us visited and had various starters, mains and desserts. All were beautifully presented, well cooked and very tasty. We were all equally impressed by the meal and by our delightfully lippy waitress!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

we had sunday lunch today, second visit since the new owner . we all had Sunday lunch, it arrived hot with lovely fresh veg (not over cooked) the gravy was full of flavour and nice and hot. The staff are very good at making you feel at home and Rob is very good and needs a raise!! lol note to owner. joking apart really lovely lunch with great staff.

1  Thank lou12345Bournemouth
Reviewed August 8, 2012

we visited this pub/restaurant on the evening of sat 4th August, the welcome from staff, locals and the dog were really friendly and warm. The staff where so friendly and up for a joke, they helped us with choices from the menu and found the imformation quickly with out fuss if they didnt know. We had checked the hygiene score out before booking and they have a 5 ( the best score you can be awarded). the cost of the meal was excellent value. The cheese cake and cauliflower cheese is yummy. WELL DONE, WE WILL BE BACK SOON.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have frequented this public house on many an occasion and can't sing it's praises enough. The food is brilliant, especially the home made pie and the "Three Little Pigs" this is my favorite! The starters are outstanding, however I must remember to leave enough room for the puddings, especially the cheesecake "Yom Yom!" The service is always first class and waiters so polite, every need is catered for. I must mention the Land Lady, I think her name is Helen she is so friendly and welcoming. She reminds me of the Land Landy off Coronation Street! On another note the entertainment they have on Friday nights is so amazing we welcomed in the New Year here and had a brilliant night, well the bits I can remember. I advise all my friends to go to "The Old Thatch!" as in my opinion it serves the best pint around!!