“Dining Experience”
Review of The Old Thatch

The Old Thatch
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wimborne, null, United Kingdom
“Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Four of us visited and had various starters, mains and desserts. All were beautifully presented, well cooked and very tasty. We were all equally impressed by the meal and by our delightfully lippy waitress!

Bournemouth
“Great family Sunday lunch”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

we had sunday lunch today, second visit since the new owner . we all had Sunday lunch, it arrived hot with lovely fresh veg (not over cooked) the gravy was full of flavour and nice and hot. The staff are very good at making you feel at home and Rob is very good and needs a raise!! lol note to owner. joking apart really lovely lunch with great staff.

1 Thank lou12345Bournemouth
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

we visited this pub/restaurant on the evening of sat 4th August, the welcome from staff, locals and the dog were really friendly and warm. The staff where so friendly and up for a joke, they helped us with choices from the menu and found the imformation quickly with out fuss if they didnt know. We had checked the hygiene score out before booking and they have a 5 ( the best score you can be awarded). the cost of the meal was excellent value. The cheese cake and cauliflower cheese is yummy. WELL DONE, WE WILL BE BACK SOON.

“TOPS Pub Ferndown”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have frequented this public house on many an occasion and can't sing it's praises enough. The food is brilliant, especially the home made pie and the "Three Little Pigs" this is my favorite! The starters are outstanding, however I must remember to leave enough room for the puddings, especially the cheesecake "Yom Yom!" The service is always first class and waiters so polite, every need is catered for. I must mention the Land Lady, I think her name is Helen she is so friendly and welcoming. She reminds me of the Land Landy off Coronation Street! On another note the entertainment they have on Friday nights is so amazing we welcomed in the New Year here and had a brilliant night, well the bits I can remember. I advise all my friends to go to "The Old Thatch!" as in my opinion it serves the best pint around!!

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely country pub!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have been coming to this pub on and off since the new owners arrived, and I have to say we have never had poor food, bad service or anything other than good value tasty home cooked meals served by attentive friendly staff. Finding a english country pub that dosent serve pre-prepared microwaved tasteless food is a rarity these days and this little pub is a gem. I'm amazed by some of the comments I have read regarding the curry as its one of my husbands favourites and it can't be faulted. I feel compelled to mention the pretty blonde barmaid/waitress called Fran who I have to say is a credit to the place, she is always so friendly and attentive and nothing has ever been too much trouble. Well done to the current owners you have turned this place around and all your lovely staff are a real credit to you.

1 Thank CarolineH293