“Lovely place for a catch-up with friends”
Review of Fox and Hounds

Fox and Hounds
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Bournemouth
“Lovely place for a catch-up with friends”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Last night was my first visit to the Fox and Hounds. Lovely atmosphere, and it wasn't daunting to walk in on my own to meet friends. I was the first of our group to arrive and I was very comfortable having a drink on my own whilst waiting. Reading some comments, it seems some people sit with a stopwatch waiting for their food - I have no idea how long ours took to arrive but it didn't seem unreasonable! I went for the Glamorgan burger which was really tasty, unfortunately the chips were very average. Will definitely return, especially in the summer.

• Visited November 2012

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“GOOD BASIC MEAL”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This pub serves good value food. Booking essential most evenings as theme nights are well attended. I recommend it.

Visited September 2012
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Best Local Pub For Food And Value In The Area”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I decided to introduce a friend to The Fox and Hound and go there for their lunch special. Two meals for £9.95 Monday to Sunday that in itself is a first as most Restaurants or Pubs only have the Special Monday to Friday.
On arrival the table we decided upon was for 6 and I did feel a little guilty later on when every available table had been taken. I must stress that at no time were we made to feel uncomfortable by any member of staff for the occupancy of such a large table for only two people, on the contrary we were greeted by smiles and the staff could not have been more attentive nothing was too much trouble for them.
Considering how busy they were that lunch we didn't feel that we had an excessive wait for our meal no more than ten minutes and at the end of the day if your in a hurry to eat ( with a 3 year old then you would be better suited to a McDonalds) then you would probably be better off staying at home and have a sandwich. When you go out to lunch it's not about how quickly you will be served, and then complain about the food because its not up to standard. It's about the food and if you have to wait ten minutes then so be it, it's also about the ambiance the service, and the company you are with. I can never
understand these people who want to be served as they walk through the door.
I must say the food was excellent as always, fantastic value and I defy anyone to find a better venue with the quality food, service and ambiance that the Fox and Hound has to offer. We forgot we had ordered another special of coffee and cake and when they arrived we cringed as we just didn't have room for the cake . Our waitress saw by our expressions we couldn't eat them so she packaged them so that we would be able to take them home and my husband thoroughly enjoyed it with his afternoon tea. The Fox and Hound is a winner and always will be as far as Im concerned or maybe I'm just one of those types who appreciate the simple things in life like having a fresh, hearty, wholesome,lunch cooked for me and served with a smile.

Carlisle
“Nice pub with good beer and decent food at a good price”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The title says it all. Had lunch special which was well cooked and served with a smile. They even warned us (before we paid) that there would be a 30 minute wait because they were so busy. The food arrived some 15 minutes later. Promise a little, deliver a lot! Good and honest policy.

Visited October 2012
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Really lovely pub”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

As residents of bournemouth I am ashamed to say we have never been to the fox and hounds, we went today ( Saturday ) for lunch and had a lovely 3 course meal and I can't fault it really hot tasty food took a while to come but that was fine by us as we had a drink and chilled out by the fire the staff were nice and polite will be going back again soon:)