“Best Local Pub For Food And Value In The Area”
Review of Fox and Hounds

Fox and Hounds
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I decided to introduce a friend to The Fox and Hound and go there for their lunch special. Two meals for £9.95 Monday to Sunday that in itself is a first as most Restaurants or Pubs only have the Special Monday to Friday.
On arrival the table we decided upon was for 6 and I did feel a little guilty later on when every available table had been taken. I must stress that at no time were we made to feel uncomfortable by any member of staff for the occupancy of such a large table for only two people, on the contrary we were greeted by smiles and the staff could not have been more attentive nothing was too much trouble for them.
Considering how busy they were that lunch we didn't feel that we had an excessive wait for our meal no more than ten minutes and at the end of the day if your in a hurry to eat ( with a 3 year old then you would be better suited to a McDonalds) then you would probably be better off staying at home and have a sandwich. When you go out to lunch it's not about how quickly you will be served, and then complain about the food because its not up to standard. It's about the food and if you have to wait ten minutes then so be it, it's also about the ambiance the service, and the company you are with. I can never
understand these people who want to be served as they walk through the door.
I must say the food was excellent as always, fantastic value and I defy anyone to find a better venue with the quality food, service and ambiance that the Fox and Hound has to offer. We forgot we had ordered another special of coffee and cake and when they arrived we cringed as we just didn't have room for the cake . Our waitress saw by our expressions we couldn't eat them so she packaged them so that we would be able to take them home and my husband thoroughly enjoyed it with his afternoon tea. The Fox and Hound is a winner and always will be as far as Im concerned or maybe I'm just one of those types who appreciate the simple things in life like having a fresh, hearty, wholesome,lunch cooked for me and served with a smile.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The title says it all. Had lunch special which was well cooked and served with a smile. They even warned us (before we paid) that there would be a 30 minute wait because they were so busy. The food arrived some 15 minutes later. Promise a little, deliver a lot! Good and honest policy.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

As residents of bournemouth I am ashamed to say we have never been to the fox and hounds, we went today ( Saturday ) for lunch and had a lovely 3 course meal and I can't fault it really hot tasty food took a while to come but that was fine by us as we had a drink and chilled out by the fire the staff were nice and polite will be going back again soon:)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

After a great deal of deliberation we decided to have a meal at the Fox and Hounds to celebrate our annivesary, The meals we received were put on our table some 45mins from when we ordered them, The gammon was rock hard and the peas had been dried out for a long period under a heat lamp, there was only two triangles of pineapple on the plate and the chips were also warmed up. On the other plates we had roast dinners and there was very little meat and on one there was no gravy we were going to stay for more drinks and a pudding but we were so dissapointed we decided to go.
I would like to add we have been to this Fox and Hounds on other occations and had a good experiance,

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Wish I'd read the reviews on this site before suggesting we go here for a Sunday lunch-time on a wet day. We had to wait an hour for the food to arrive and with a hungry 3 year old who couldn't go out in the play area, it was like torture for him. We ordered from the 2 meals for £9.95 menu which was excellent value, limited choice but tasted good and normal portions. If you plan ahead to account for the wait (I thought they had a one off problem yesterday but it seems to be pretty standard judging from the reviews on here) ie arrive and order early and take something for the kids to do at the table if it's wet, you will be fine but don't arrive on a spontaneous decision and expect to feed your hunger quickly!