“Great Lunch”
Review of Number 9

Number 9
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Number 9 Restaurant with Boutique B&B Rooms At Number 9 the team take pride in producing the most delicious food in a simple, elegant and welcoming atmosphere. Wherever possible we use the freshest, locally sourced, free range and seasonal produce. Head chef Greg Etheridge and his team have created a menu featuring both traditional dishes alongside his individual and modern interpretation of gastro cooking. You can dine alfresco style or in the comfort of the restaurant. We are open for morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea, pre theatre meals and dinner.
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had a lovely lunch at number 9, the quiche of the day, spinach and goats cheese was delicious as was the vegetarian risotto. Service friendly and prompt, all the right questions asked. Fire was also welcoming on a freezing cold day! Brilliant!

Poole, United Kingdom
“Prompt service, tough meat!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ate Sunday lunch in a family group last week. Nice welcoming atmosphere but the waiter was irritatingly obsequious a bit out of synch with the otherwise informal atmosphere. We ordered various main courses with variable results. The food was well presented and served quite promptly. The sea bass and the roast lamb were reported as very good. The beef brisket was very tough and very fatty. Otherwise the meal was quite good and the gravy especially delicious. But wouldn't return as overall very disappointed

Dorset
“First Class”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Arranged to meet up with my daughter for lunch in Wimborne who suggested we eat here having researched on line first. We were made to feel welcome enjoying fabulous food at a leisurely pace, beautifully presented in comfortably chic surroundings. We tried the beefburger, spinach and goats cheese quiche followed by a delicious bread and butter pudding. Would not hesitate to recommend and would like to visit again in warmer weather to experience dining alfresco.

Christchurch
“Fantastic, looking forward to next visit!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Where do i start? A group of us dined at Number nine over a week ago and from start to finish the visit was phenomenal! We arrived to a busy restaurant where we were greeted by the manager who was extremely professional and showed us through to our table which was lovely next to the log burner.
The food was great i started with the terrine followed by the seabass which was great and finished off with the parfait which i highly recommend!!
They currently have two AA rosettes but we felt they are well on there way for the third and hope you get it soon as you deserve it with all the hard work!! Thanks for a great night!!
We look forward to our next visit!!

1 Thank tj31
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Smart team, good food and excellent service!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited number 9 with friends last Wednesday. It had been recommended by a number of people so thought it was worth a look! Very relaxed dining room, not over pretentious but comfortable. Was greeted and seated promptly by attentive waiter. It was fairly quiet after the pre theatre diners left but didn't affect the atmosphere. The menu was explained to us along with the specials by "Jamie" the manger. If I'm honest the service was consistently good all evening. The menu wasn't particularly complicated but well executed. Everything came out hot and promptly without being rushed. I had the pork which in my opinion was the best dish that came out, the black pudding dutchess potatoes were particularly nice and the sauce had a nice depth of flavour. If I had to pick faults I'd say that the starters could be a bit more exciting as they offer bread as a starter. At a two rosette restaurant I'd like to see bread on the table. The puddings were nice but not particularly well balanced. The white chocolate mousse being very tasty but a little too big as a portion. I think the menu is well priced for the portions and quality that you receive however if it's a destination restaurant they want to create my recommendation would be to create a set priced menu and offer bread and amuse bouche included.

Overall my experience was good. Being a chef myself I have eaten at a lot of restaurants and worked at some of the best including Petrus and L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in London. This is obviously a smart team and I can see them pushing forward in the future. I'd recommend it to friends and go again!

1 Thank Dannythecheff