“Excellent Food”
Review of Number 9 - CLOSED

Number 9
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Number 9 Restaurant with Boutique B&B Rooms At Number 9 the team take pride in producing the most delicious food in a simple, elegant and welcoming atmosphere. Wherever possible we use the freshest, locally sourced, free range and seasonal produce. Head chef Greg Etheridge and his team have created a menu featuring both traditional dishes alongside his individual and modern interpretation of gastro cooking. You can dine alfresco style or in the comfort of the restaurant. We are open for morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea, pre theatre meals and dinner.
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The food was excellent, but the service could have been better. I'm from the old school that believes you serve the lady first. The service was good but I was served first on two of the courses, to me that is not right. Will definitely go again though.

Linda T, Owner at Number 9, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for your review and we are very pleased you enjoyed the food.

We will take on board your comment regarding serving the lady first.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Their website offers a pre-theatre menu Tuesday to Saturday, as we were going to a show at the Tivoli a few doors away we decided to give it a try on a Friday. When we arrived they told us the Pre-theatre menu was not available on a Friday. They said they were doing Tapas so we said that would be fine but they then said they were fully booked, though the restaurant was empty. We left and had a meal at the Red Fort who offered us a table as long as we could leave by 8pm when the table was booked by someone else, which was perfect. When we walked back passed number9 we found they were still empty! I cannot tell you what the food was like as we never got to try it and I doubt I would ever want to bother with them in the future

2  Thank cookBournemouth
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The food was average and expensive for what it was on the lunch menu. My wife had brie which she loves and it almost put her off for life! She said it was awful.
The service was friendly enough but the atmosphere felt a bit snooty.
I would be reluctant to go here again!

1  Thank Morky08
Linda T, Owner at Number 9, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with your lunch. It is always best to give feedback on the day as we would have been more than happy to change your wife's meal for free.

I am disappointed that you say you found the atmosphere a 'bit snooty'. I consistently get feedback about how professional but friendly my staff are and the warmth of the welcome. It's one of the things that I constantly hear, my staff are all local and I am very proud of them - have a look through some of the other reviews on here.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was planned to be a romantic lunch and it delivered on all fronts.
When making the reservation I requested the Birthday Plate. This one even included the principal guest's name and was finished with love. The loops were filled with mango and raspberry coulis, wonderful attention to detail.
The lunch was fantastic served with large glasses of house wine, which were excellent value.
The mains were delicious, my burger really tasted of mature beef and was cooked perfectly, Trish's quiche of the day was very tasty.
When the dessert arrived on the decorated plate there was an intake of breath. Better still it tasted even better than it looked.
Greg Etheridge is a real talent and his cooking reminds me of the "good old days" at The Mansion House under Gerry Godden & his team.
The atmosphere was very friendly and welcoming and the front of house staff were extremely attentive to everything we needed.
This place sets the standard for quality and value by which we'll measure the competition in future.
The icing on the cake arrived as we were about to leave when Trish was presented with a gift for her birthday, as I was paying the bill.

Linda T, Owner at Number 9, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for your review and the photo.

I am delighted with your comments and we are very lucky to have Greg as our Head Chef. Thank you for your kind remarks regarding the service - I have a great team.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I visited Number 9 in Wimborne mid week with my family for a special occasion meal in the evening for my sisters leaving do . What can I say....... it was lovely. The service was brilliant and absolutely no faults with the food. The atmosphere of the restaurant also could not be faulted as there was light music in the background, made me feel very relaxed, warm and also the lighting was not too over powering. Tables are also evenly spaced out. Definately the sound of laughter and smiles could be seen and heard coming from our table:):)!!!!!!!!!

Linda T, Owner at Number 9, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for your review.

We love laughter and smiles!