“Huge place with plenty of space and facilities”
other travelers have booked this property
Welcome to Woodlands Lodge
Enjoy lounging in front of the fire, sleeps a further 2 with sofa bed Enjoy entertaining in the large double dining area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Enjoy lounging in front of the fire, sleeps a further 2 with sofa bed
Enjoy entertaining in the large double dining area
Kitchen and breakfast bar
Kitchen and dining area, perfect for entertaining
Let the games begin! Football and pool tables ...
Large family first floor bedroom, with 1 double king size bed and 3 singles
Large bedroom with sofa sleeps 5
Large family bedroom with 1 double bed, 3 singles, & sofa
Large ground floor king size bedroom with bunks, overlooking the garden
Ground Floor Double bedroom with bunkbed
Ground Floor double bedroom with ensuite
Shower room
En suite Shower room
En suite shower room
from al fresco dining to lounging in the hot tub
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jeff H
Slough, United Kingdom
“Huge place with plenty of space and facilities”
Reviewed June 10, 2019 for a stay in June 2019

22 of us stayed here for two nights - age range was from a few months old up to 92 years - each family unit had its own room , plenty of seating in the lounge , enough tables & chairs in the dining room for all of us to eat at once and kitchen large enough and equipped well enough for our needs

Large garden area , again with several tables and chairs available to sit outside if you so wished & a parking area where we were able to park 5 large vehicles (smallest being a Citroen Xsara Picasso ) and still have sufficient space for several more vehicles

There were a few minor little faults but nothing to make the stay a disaster - the only real disappointment for several of us was that the hot tub had developed a fault , which although it was resolved soon after we reported it , it wasn’t hot enough for us to use during our visit

Date of stay: June 2019
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Kylie D
Luton, United Kingdom
“Spacious house few minor faults & little dated”
Reviewed December 31, 2018 for a stay in December 2018

Stayed here for one week with the family over Christmas. The house was a reasonable price considering there was so many of us. The house is massive but very dated. On arrival we had a bottle of Prosecco and a giant Christmas cracker and some chocolates which was lovely. They had Christmas decorations up and even 2 trees!

The mattress’s definitely need replacing we had springs coming out of ours.

The showers weren’t the best and only had 1 bath upstairs which wasn’t great as we had a disabled person in a room downstairs.

The sofas were very comfortable but needed a good hover down the sides!

The heating was great and plenty of kitchen appliances. We only had 1 towel per person for a week so I would bring some next time. The hot tub was lovely and the garden and outside was spacious - be lovely in the summer time.

Carpets could do with replacing but suppose it’s a rented house so wouldn’t be wise.

We made it a good family Christmas in this big house and there wasn’t really any major problems apart from the drains were blocked and the smell wasn’t pleasant.

I would say for the amount of people in the house a bigger fridge/freezer would of been good or even an extra one.

The children loved the pool table and football table and there was plenty of space at the table with loads of chairs. There was 2 cheap kettles in the kitchen which wasn’t great as the lime scale built up quickly as so many people was using them.

The oven definitely wasn’t big enough for the amount of people in the house. We struggled Christmas Day - definitely recommend a new bigger oven with more cooking space.

Overall we enjoyed our stay just few bits which would of made it easier/better.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed August 13, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Date of stay: August 2018
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Helen S
“Appalling accommodation and terrible after service”
Reviewed March 20, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
people found this review helpful

Having sent an extremely polite and informative email outlining out disappointment with our accommodation, Deluxe have not even had the common decency to respond, let alone apologise. We spent Christmas 2017 at the lodge for a big family holiday (combined with a couple of other celebrations to mark the occasion). We spent a lot of money to reside in a home which is extremely poorly maintained. Points of note (bearing in mind we had a winter holiday) were the lack of working radiators, the terrible mould on ceilings, a leaking roof and a general damp feel to the entire accommodation (the carpets felt wet under foot and there was an underlying damp smell). We had to get three mattresses changed as they were not fit to sleep on....this is just a tip of the iceberg! Following numerous calls and chase emails we are still yet to receive any form of reply, let alone any compensation. Michelle appears to own or run the business but apparently doesn't care what her customers think of the accommodation after she has taken your money! Do not book this lodge unless you want to be disappointed! Look elsewhere as there is plenty of choice out there!

Date of stay: December 2017

Date of stay: February 2018
Management Response
Feb 19, 2018
Hi Gavin.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Many thanks for your review.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Take care.
Deluxe Holiday Homes.
BarneyTay...
London, United Kingdom
“ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES! TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! CANCELLED MY BOOKING ON THE DAY, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!”
Reviewed February 7, 2018 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

This review is of my experience with Deluxe Holiday Homes last year and although it has taken me 6 months to get round to writing it, my feelings are still as strong as they were at the time I dealt with this company. It is difficult to describe exactly how shocking my experience with Deluxe Holiday Homes was but here goes:

I booked this house, Woodlands Lodge, in February 2017 for a stag-do I was organizing for 18-20th August 2017, paying the deposit at the time of booking and the balance 6 weeks before the stay as per the contract. I had dealt with Michele King from Deluxe Holiday Homes and last spoke to her when I paid the balance in June as instructed. The week before the booking I had tried to speak to Michele to confirm what time to meet her to collect the keys and take over the house. I couldn’t get through all week despite leaving text messages, emails and voicemails etc.

On the morning of my stay, Friday 18th August 2017, Michele phoned me at 09:30 to tell me that she had cancelled my booking because the house was double-booked! At first I couldn’t believe it and asked her if she was joking. Michele's explanation was that it was ok because she would put us up in their house in Poole instead which was available for the Friday night and that she had booked 6 hotel rooms in Bournemouth for the Saturday night. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing and was furious. My first question was why I hadn’t been told about this earlier and how could she have let this happen. I also wanted to know why she thought it was acceptable to think that her “solution” would be acceptable without consulting me first to see if this would fit in with my plans.

Michele said she didn't know when the double booking was made as she didn’t deal with the company’s bookings and that they had only realized earlier that week but didn’t want to ruin my week so only told me that morning! I said that if she's going to give a customer bad news like this then she should have all the information to hand, especially as she had just broken the contract her company had with me.

There was initially no apology from Michele when she told me about the cancellation but instead told me that they were going to change my booking to their house in Poole and the hotel rooms in Bournemouth. I appreciate that mistakes are sometimes made like the double booking, but what I found unforgivable was Michele not telling me until that morning and making alternative arrangements on my behalf without consulting me first. The house in Poole sleeps 16 people, my booking with Michele was for my stag party of 22 and so we wouldn't have fitted in anyway. Another example of the chaos and mess Michele left me with was me having to re-arrange the £600 Sainsbury’s order for food and drink to be delivered to Woodlands Lodge which is self-catered, not to mention having to update the stag party with details of the new accommodation, some of whom were already travelling (thank goodness for WhatsApp)! I also had to cancel taxi bookings and lost a non-refundable deposit of £85 that I had already paid. I didn’t even get on to discussing with Michele how my party would have transferred from the Poole house to the Bournemouth hotel on the Saturday afternoon and how she would have organised and paid for the taxis etc.

At the end of our phone call that morning I told Michele that I expected her to find me some alternative accommodation and cover all costs. I said that this was to be sorted out within the next two hours. By a miracle there was another house available in Weymouth that same day which we found. Although she did help me look online for somewhere else, Michele didn’t have an account with the other booking company so couldn’t book the other place for me so I ended up paying for it, thus leaving me out of pocket for the 2 houses. I explained to Michele that I expected compensation over and above the cost of the house and taxi deposit to cover the stress she had caused me that morning. Michele said she would be available for me to contact her after the stag-do and that it would all be sorted out. To her credit, she did make a full refund to me that afternoon for the full £2,750 payment for my original Woodlands Lodge booking and said sorry.

After the stag-do I tried to speak to Michelle and left a number of answerphone messages and sent her emails requesting compensation for the taxi deposit that I had lost as a result of her cancellation and also to ask what compensation she would offer me for the extreme stress caused that morning. None of those emails were answered and it took me a further 2 months of unanswered missed calls before I managed to speak to Michele again where she paid me for the lost taxi deposit for £85. When I asked about any compensation Michele said I wouldn’t be getting any as she had already refunded me for the house and taxi.

I have tried to keep this review purely factual based on my correspondence with Michele and her company as I cannot say anything that isn’t true nor speculate on what Michele or her company might have done or thought. It was the only time I have been a best man and that although I did find somewhere else to stay and it was not a complete disaster, the stag-do was nowhere near as good as I had originally planned. I was left with the stress of sorting out the mess created entirely by Deluxe Holiday Homes’ incompetence; they are only £85 out of pocket from this.

I have read some of the other reviews here that say they had a great time; this review is about my experience with Deluxe Holiday Homes the company rather than Woodlands Lodge in particular. There is a similar review left on 29th September 2015 which also reflects the poor level of service from this company. I will definitely not use this company again and would not recommend it to a friend so please save your money and sanity and book with someone else!

Date of stay: August 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing