Burnbake campsite is not the most organised, nor does it have the best facilities and the water is not always hot but these small problems are easily outweighed by all the briliant plus points the site has to offer:
* Firstly the no booking policy allows the cronically disorganised (me) to find a brilliant campsite in a fab location in the August school holidays on the back end of a week of fab weather when you realise you haven't had the dogs treated for rabies to go to France as you planned.
* The website gives sensible advice to help you arrive at a good time to maximise your chances of finding a good pitch and when we emailed ahead asking about alternatives should it be full they replied with reassurance almost immediately.
* You can pitch where you like as long as you are 6m from other tents. Pitches are either in amongst the trees or in the open. None are too far from the facilities and it is possible to tuck yourself away if this floats your boat.
* You can pay per night, suiting fairweather campers (me again).
* The site is nowhere near a road meaning the children have great freedom to enjoy the woods, streams and tree swings. Bikes are an essential.
* The shop is great and most importantly only open for 2 hours in the morning and the evening so the kids are not asking for money all day long. The opening of the shop becomes an event!
* No caravans.
* Great location with loads to see and do within 20 miles.
* Most of the campers appreciate the relaxed atmosphere and are generally lovely people.
* You can take dogs
* You can have fires and BBQ's as long as they are off the ground. A fire pit in the evening quietly playing word games with a few beers is a fantastice way to end the day.
* No Clubhouse, Arcade, Slots or bar! Hooray!
Burnbake - we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Burnbake comprises of 22 luxury forest lodges with hot tubs and camping pitches. Camping: The campsite is a very traditional family orientated campsite, an ethos we have strived for since opening in 1975. We are a turn up and pitch site for tents and campervans. I am afraid we are NOT able to take caravans. We have a wide selection of flat level pitches ranging from heavily shaded areas that are perfect for those hot sunny days to more open areas for those looking to make the most of the British sunshine. Facilities wise we have toilets and showers, a shop, small laundrette, small play area and a café open for peak times. We can cater for larger family groups on our events fields by prior arrangement. For pricing, bank holiday booking, and more information please see the campsite website. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Burnbake Campsite Hotel Wareham
- Burnbake Campsite And Forest Lodges Wareham, Dorset