“A lovely place for a quick lunch”

Harry's Cafe Bar Wareham
Ranked #17 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Harry's is an independent Cafe Bar offering a relaxed atmosphere in which to enjoy a real Italian coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner or a refreshing drink. Also offering 2 for 1 on all main breakfasts and meals all day every Thursday as well as free WIFI and use of 2 computers. Its the perfect place to meet with friends or family.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Staff very friendly and attentive. We went on a Thursday where you get a selection of light bites two for the price of one. So we had 2 glasses of wine, two snacks and two coffees at a very reasonable price. Light bites are just the right size for a lunchtime snack. The coffee is superb.
Will definitely visit again.

1  Thank Pam H
JudeMarquet, Owner at Harry's Cafe Bar Wareham, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Pam
Thank you for your kind review on Harry's. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your lunch and took advantage of our 2 for 1 offer. We pride ourselves on serving good honest home cooked food that is value for money. We have now been open for 15 years but it is still nice to receive good feed back. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We all had a meal there Thursday night the 26th, what can I say, the soup was bland the pies were burnt and dry inside with meager portions of unidentified vegetable's. The gravy had the consistency of, well to be kind lets just say weak.
That said this place has the potential to be good, with a half decent fast food cook who can deliver a decent meal well presented with good size portions it should do well, as soon as it gets one we will come back.

1  Thank sam8750

Dear Sam
I was very sorry to read your review but not surprised. I felt that we did all we could to make your visit an enjoyable one during a very busy 2 for 1 evening. I was not aware that there was a problem with your food until I was clearing away your empty plates, there had been checks made throughout your meal and we would of been more than happy to change any meals that weren't right. I would of been happy to offer you desserts by a way of apology but you all insisted on eating your own cake which you had brought in for a birthday. We were even happy to supply you with cutlery & crockery to enable you to eat your own cake but unfortunately it seems that you were still unsatisfied. We pride ourselves on serving good honest home cooked food that is prepared by chefs rather than fast food cooks and all dishes are made here on the premises, Leek & potato soup is a very mild flavoured soup but I can only apologise if you found it bland. Sometimes the sauce from the pies does soak into the pastry which is why we supply extra home made gravy but I appreciate your comments and will look into the possibility of buying our pies in to hopefully avoid this.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We popped in on Saturday evening and were the only ones in the sunny courtyard. The food was super. We had the chicken from the specials and the chilli nachos. Both were delicious. The nachos were much more than I had expected for a lite bite and had to ask for help to finish them. The deserts were again very big and indulgent (just the way they should be). The staff were friendly and the service was great. We will definitely be going back.

Hi Lucy, thank you for you kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your nachos as well as the sunshine. We pride ourselves on serving honest home cooked food that is also value for money. Unfortunately we can't have the sunshine all the time but its nice to make the most of it when it is out. We look forward to seeing you in Harry's again.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

looks nice , but hey nachos are not hard to get rite chilli was like cold pasta sauce , no taste at all it came out cold. taken back zapped in the microwave soggy , no salsa i had to ask ...... the fish finger sandwich was good skinny frys good . coffee was good but on the cold side ....... the young guy serving could of come over at least once and asked if every thing was ok , but he didnt,i had to get up and get sauce , while he ate his pasta with his mate ,,,,,,,i hope he enjoyed it . as i didnt and lady on the bar , till wash your hands when you have be out to smoke tut tut

1  Thank Gill D
JudeMarquet, Owner at Harry's Cafe Bar Wareham, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you for your recent review on Harry's. All I can do is apologise profusely for your experience. You're right the waiter is very young and still in training but this does not excuse receiving bad service that you received. I will personally look into further training for all the staff. I was very sorry to read that you were not happy with you chilli nachos but I can assure you that most of our meals are home made here on the premises and that we do not use any pasta sauces. On the menu it does not state that the chilli nachos come with salsa but your right it would go well with it and should maybe by offered when ordering. We do have a hand wash basin and sanitiser under the bar which all the staff use after smoking, handling food, cleaning products or animals, I can only apologise if this wasn't used and once again assure you that training and hygiene will be looked into. I'm glad you enjoyed the ambience of Harry's we have now been open for nearly 15 years and enjoy keeping up with the times and keeping the décor fresh, which can sometimes be difficult in such an old building. We hope that your experience hasn't put you off visiting Harry's again in the future.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

A friend and I went out to wareham for some retail therapy and a small lunch on bank holiday monday and it was very nice. We had little bar stool section which was cosy and both had the soup of the day which was one of the best soups I've ever had. There was ambient funky background music, free wifi and a modern interior. A bit of a trek to the loos but a great place.

JudeMarquet, Owner at Harry's Cafe Bar Wareham, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Vera
Thank you for your positive review, I'm glad you enjoyed your soup, we pride ourselves on making all our soups and the majority of our meals here on the premises. We're glad you enjoy the atmosphere of Harry's, after being open nearly 15 years its good to know that we still offer the same great value for money and service we started out with.