Good experience from beginning to end. Our rather spontaneous trip down to Dorset for just the one night was made all the better for having stayed at 2 Heath Cottages. I booked our room based solely on TripAdvisor reviews so was fairly confident that we'd be treated well. We were not disappointed and even though we only spent a few hours there, my husband and I both came away saying that a) we'd recommend the place and b) we would book a longer stay there. I think that's an endorsement all on its own but I'll expand a little:
- Comfort: the room we stayed in, although on the small side, does not feel cramped or cluttered, they have utilised the space very well. It's furnished very nicely indeed and the bed is very comfortable. Bed linen is top quality.
- Clean: the house is spotless
- Great shower!
- Breakfasts are a real treat - we both had cooked breakfasts which had all the flavour and quality that you'd expect from a proper B&B breakfast, but without all the associated grease/ saturated fat. Top marks for that, in my books.
- Location: situated on a main road, very easy to find and centrally located for all the tourist attractions in the area.
Denise and Sean are professional and courteous without being too formal, helpful without being overwhelming and I really do think that their venture will be a great success. We wish them all the very best going forward and hope to stay with them sometime in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our home, 2 Heath Cottages, one of four Victorian cottages bordering Sandford Heath nature reserve; our aim is to ensure your stay in this beautiful part of Dorset is the most wonderful of experiences. We are close by to Wareham, one of Dorset's finest Saxon market towns and gateway to the Isle of Purbeck & Jurassic Coast, and ideally positioned for visiting Monkey World, Corfe Castle, The Tank Museum, Studland, Lulworth, Poole, Arne and Brownsea Island to name but a few. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- 2 Heath Cottages Wareham, Dorset