“Excellent comfort food”

SteakASaurus
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A rare find whilst on holiday a steak restaurant that caters for families with quality food at affordable prices. First class
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent comfort food”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I booked a table on a Saturday evening for three at Steakasaurus to celebrate a family birthday. Booking is recommended as it’s not a huge place and everyone who turned up that evening had a reservation.

We were given a table right by the door and promptly given menus and specials boards. There is plenty to choose from so even if you’re not a big meat eater, you’ll definitely find something that takes your fancy.

Firstly we ordered the sharing platter for 2 people which comes with breaded mushrooms, garlic bread, onion rings, popcorn chicken and potato wedges. All very tasty.

For mains we had the ribs, combo with ribs and chicken and the brontosaurus burger. I had the burger and it was absolutely huge. It comes with two homemade patties and bacon and cheese. It was extremely delicious and filling. All the mains come with either vegetables or a help yourself salad bar as well as a choice of potatoes. We had chips and a jacket potato and it was all really nice.

Despite being pretty full, we couldn’t miss the desserts so had the warm summer fruits with meringue and ice cream as well as mint marshmallow sundae. Both were delicious but I would definitely recommend the meringue which was amazing.

Once we’d finished, we were pleasantly surprised at how reasonable it all was. The mains were good value with my burger only £10, the combo £18 and the ribs £11. The slight downside was that the desserts seemed a tad pricey at £6.50 each and the drinks were not hugely cheap but overall it was good value for money.

We were served really quickly and everything we ordered came out swiftly. The servers, who I think are the owners, were friendly and attentive, but not overbearing at all which was great.

There’s street parking right outside and there were plenty of spaces when we pulled up. There was a sign pointing to a pay and display car park nearby as well.

I would definitely recommend Steakasaurus and we’ll hopefully be heading back soon!

• Visited February 2014
IAN J, Manager at SteakASaurus, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review, I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. Comfort Food? You should try the mixed grill most that do finish it do not look that comfortable.
We have taken your point about the sweets on board and have now reduced them by 50p, this doesn't mean that each time someone makes this comment the prices will be reduced, however did you not share the Mellow Mint Mountain making that £3 per person?
Our drinks are very sensibly priced and match anything in town, and I believe your cokes and lemonade were priced at £1.50, if this was not the case please get in touch and I will see to it that you are re-imbursed.
Again thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Bovington
“Amazing”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Amazing food, I am really fussy when it comes to steak but this place did not let me down! Steak cooked exactly as I wanted it. Good variety of starters and pud too if you have room. The staff are happy and helpful. I would recommend and will definitely be going again.

• Visited January 2014
IAN J, Manager at SteakASaurus, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your review, most do not describe me as happy so i do thank you for that. glad you enjoyed your time with us and remember if you are serving in Bovington, bring your ID card for 10% discount.

Uppingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, lovely staff!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Was visiting Dorset and this excellent steak restaurant came up trumps on Trip Advisor, and it didn't disappoint! Absolutely excellent food, my steak was cooked to perfection and the ribs were the best I had ever had! They even stole the show from the steak which is really saying something as the steak is always my favourite! Lovely salad bar, great chips, lovely sauce topped off by a great choice of deserts which we just had to sample. The restaurant is family run and the staff are extremely friendly and even gave advice on the deserts when we found it hard to choose! They were not overbearing but still attentive. The reviews do not lie, it's an excellent restaurant which we will definitely be coming back to! Thank you for a wonderful "date night"!

IAN J, Manager at SteakASaurus, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Lovely to meet you both and thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service,great food”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Consulted Trip advisor before booking and after visiting can see why this is the number 1 restaurant in Wareham! The service was spot on, food fantastic and very reasonably priced. Lots to choose from on the menu including many fish courses if your not into steak. My husband had chicken and ribs combo and I had a rump steak with a peppercorn sauce both were cooked to perfection and delicious. Wish I had been able to fit in a starter as they all looked yummy but knew my appetite was not up to two courses. We enjoyed our visit so much we even thought about returning the following evening but unfortunately they were fully booked. Well worth a visit but best to check availability before turning up.

Visited January 2014
IAN J, Manager at SteakASaurus, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. The Combo is one of my favourites as I am a steak nut but the Ribs are a bit special.
We don't do many 3 courses, I have told Teresa to make the portions smaller but she won't hear of it.
A good tip on the booking, even though this is the quiet season we are still full friday and Saturday nights. Thanks once again

Swanage
“Superb - yet again!!!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We came back again to celebrate our son's birthday and it was fantastic. We had the upstairs room to ourselves and despite there being a large party downstairs, the service and food was faultless. We were made to feel really welcome and that our custom was very much valued. We all had starters and main courses and they all came together. The steaks, mixed grills (all cooked exactly as we had asked) and ribs were out of this world and the whole meal was great value for money. The fish pie was pretty special too - as usual!!
Thank you to everyone for making this a great night out. See you again soon.

• Visited January 2014
IAN J, Manager at SteakASaurus, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thjank you Kezzy for yet another superb review, your custom is very much valued so if there is anyting special you would like for your next visit just lets us know and we'll make it happen.

Lovely to see you and your family once again, such lovely people.