“Very expensive”

Ranked #22 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited on a day out with the family. We had 3 hot drinks, 3 pieces of cake, 2 ginger bread men and 2 cans of drink. The bill came to nearly £23 !! When questioned it turns out that the cans were 2.50 each !! This is a total rip off. How can they possibly justify this. A piece of cake was 2.40 !! The price of the cans is way above what you would expect to pay anywhere even London. Won't grace their doors again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Visited during August, while on holiday. we fancied something from the excellent looking display in the window. entered and waited for at least 5 minutes, as staff came and went from the shop front, but we weren't acknowledged in any form. We drew this to a staff members attention but this had no effect. After a few further minutes waiting and a realisation that we couldn't see prices on anything we left for another bakery over the road.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have been here before with my partner and wasn't impressed because young waitresses didn't clear a large table next to us and we put up with the smell of their dinner plates left for half an hour as waitresses failed to check on the room. Yesterday I went back hoping on a Monday it would be better, I was disappointed.
We ordered a cream tea, when they came (drinks arrived before the scones) the scones were not fresh, had been slightly reheated on the surface but we're dry and cold in the centre. We had one pot of cream and jam between us which was only just enough! My drink was fine and I had enough for 3 cups out of my pot which was pretty good! But service also lets this cafe down as I had to hunt down the staff in order to pay, the owner/supervised?? was sat chatting to someone and she called a girl out of the kitchen for us to pay her but the card machine had been turned off and I had to pay with old fashioned cash or pop to the bank if I didn't have enough money.. as was suggested by the girl!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We made our way from Poole to Wareham along the river.

We stopped in at nellie crumbs for some coffee and cakes with our children. We sat out on the patio area.

We told the waitress that we were on the ferry and she made sure we were quickly served so as not to miss the ferry!

Looking forward to our next trip up the river

Coffee was very good and freshly ground. Just the way we like it!!

1  Thank MassyF1
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Nelllie Crumb is a one of the friednliest restaurants in town. Their Bacon and Egg Baps are certainly amongst the finest gourmet dishes around.

1  Thank Jorge H