“Wonderful Stay”
Review of Worgret Manor

Worgret Manor
Ranked #11 of 23 Wareham B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just arrived back from a wonderful 4 days and nights at this lovely b & b.The room no 7 was lovely clean and nicely decorated, wonderful cotton sheets and Duvet cover also fantastic 4 poster bed so comfy The bathroom was spotless with fresh towels everyday if needed .We had no problems with "plumbing" noises ,and it was very peaceful .l would certainly recommend this to anyone who wants a classy establishment ,and would definitely visit again,It really does deserves its' 4 stars ...Lynn

e and Chris Gill. Wallington.Surrey

Room Tip: Room 7 lovely location
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lynne540

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Only 1 mile from Wareham. Although on the main road this bed and breakfast is really good. they serve a continental breakfast which is varied and plentiful. The dining room itself was spacious and pretty. Our room was nicely decorated with a large and spotless bathroom. The staff were friendly and informative about what was in the area and came up with suggestions for visits to various places and restaurants in the area. All in all value for money and a treat to stay in a lovely Manor house.

Room Tip: We had a standard room which with an excellent bathroom was fine and excellent value for money.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dorra186298
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We arrived at the b&b where we were met by a very welcoming lady at reception. The room was lovely and spacious which was surprising considering the price we paid. Continental breakfast was included and was very good. Service was also brilliant. Location is excellent for Wareham and is only a short drive away. The information booklet in the room is also very informative with regards to nearby tourist sights and restaurants. Overall we had a very nice stay here and would definitely come back on another visit to Dorset.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Worgret Manor made us very welcome. The staff were very pleasant and made our bank holiday stay with them very enjoyable. The breakfast, continental only, was ample, with a lovely selection of dried fruits. Our bedroom and bathroom were very spacious and clean. Only slight gripe, the reading lights in bedroom were not bright enough. This was not helped by having a four poster bed. All in all, excellent value for money. Will go back there again, as it is such a good situation to explore The Purbeck coastline.

Room Tip: We had room number 7. If you read in bed, lights not very bright. No noise at all from traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A lovely B&B. Very spacious room, spotlessly clean with a large bathroom and good facilities. The bed was very comfortable and the manor was peaceful and quiet at night.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast selection is good and you can happily sit and take your time whilst reading the paper in a relaxing and sunny dining room.

The nearest town Wareham is about 5 minutes drive and has lovely pubs, restaurants and shops.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

met by a woman in reception who wasen't over friendly,sons and daughters who were young and helping were not that friendly either.It was very clean and tidy,but not that warm an atmosphere,the hotel was a little to clinical,could do with more laughter or something.Its the first time my girlfriend and i have visited a hotel and no cooked breakfast!,very strange.The owner himself was very helpful though,and did his best for our needs,just something lacking in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked this hotel as I went down to Wareham to see friends. I'm a single mother with a 9 month old baby. I called and requested a travel cot in advance and booked a single room. From the outside the hotel looked decrepit but I thought I would check out the room first incase the inside was better. I was disappointed there wasn't a lift, meaning I would be lugging up a suitcase, a baby and a push chair up numerous flights of stairs. There was also no transport connections to the hotel and I was told the nearest place I could get some food was a 20 minute walk away. (There's no restaurant in the hotel). I explained I had travelled down from Windsor to see friends but they do not have a car either and I thought the hotel was closer to the town. The room I was shown was teeny tiny, dated and had a odd musky smell in it. I explained if I stayed there there was nowhere for me and my baby to go and eat, I was asthmatic and the smell in the room hit my chest on entry and not to mention how would I cope with all the stairs on my own with a baby?? I ended up at my friends just sleeping on the floor. The hotel still charged me for 1 night at a £65 rate even though I didn't even check in and gave in my opinion quite valid reasons. I guess I just have high expectations and standards of service and utilities and am not prepared to 'slum it'. also beware as the pictures on the web do not give a true reflection of the hotel. Ps. There was not one other guest at the hotel who i saw and the car park was completely empty.

• Stayed: October 2012