“Overpriced and lacking in atmosphere”

and 1 more site!
Springfield Country Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wareham
Reviewed April 18, 2013

For £128 (without breakfast), mid-week in low season, this hotel is seriously overpriced and characterless. For half that price it would be bearable. The room was perfectly clean and comfortable but not special and the staff were okay. The Wi-Fi was weak, the shower was a pathetic dribble and the walls thin. I have to be in the area every now and again but at that price I will be looking elsewhere

Room Tip: Are there any? Ask about wifi?
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Braveheart1964

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed 1 night whilst on a business trip to Dorset, as members of staff from my company had used the hotel in the past, we managed to get a discounted rate. The room was clean and comfortable. The food served during the evening was very good and good value for money, the house red wine is highly recommended, and a fair price. Breakfast was very good, the only minor issue was the fact that the breakfast arrived before I had finished my cereals and was just left on the side of the table to go cold.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Clive M
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed with my wife for 3 days over the Easter weekend.Room was fine, new TV with Freeview channels. Was told on arrival that if Sky Sports 1 or 2 was on in the bar it could be viewed in ones room Not so!
Staff were excellent with nothing too much trouble. Food was good & plentiful with a choice of snacks or mains available in the bar or restaurant but surprisingly no tab of the order was shown at the end of the meals which I found odd.
Wi Fi should have been working throughout the hotel but it was only intermittent in our room & to view I had to go downstairs to the comfortable lounge-one of the two lifts was working however.
Worst part was on check out when I was given the bill I was overcharged for 2 of the 3 nights (£100 in all). Told it was a 'computer error' but I have my reservations!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GOALS10
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at Springfield last year as a birthday treat for my partner. It was really nice. Our room overlooked the lovely and spacious garden and countryside. Beds were very comfortable and it was all in proximity of beautiful Swanage and Durdle Door. I highly recommend it. Good value and fabulous breakfast. :)

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Fab R
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed here when I was attending a wedding nearby. Although the rooms are very spacious and the grounds are well kept the interior needs a serious revamp and I expected better food (evening meal and breakfast) for the price. The pool doesn't look like the picture (at least it didnt whilst we were there!)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sandra L
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have hosted a photography workshop here many times. The staff are helpful and friendly, the rooms clean, spacious and comfortable. The food very good with excellent bar service.
Having use of the meeting room to teach in is a definite asset for us. And as the clients were up early at 5am a bonus to wander around the attractive garden to chill out midday. The spa facilities were fun and relaxing to use especially as they were not crowded, and the location right next to the Jurassic coastline supurb. Thanks guys for your support, we will be back! Wendy

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 27Wendy
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Been meaning to write a review for some time but just never got round to it. I thought this place was great! Like with any place, I'm sure there are small things that need tweaking but as a whole I would definitely go back, in fact, me and my partner have been there twice already. The staff have always been very nice and extremely helpful. I look forward to going back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blabbers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wareham
Mortons House Hotel
Travelodge Poole Hotel
Riviera Hotel
Riviera Hotel
#20 of 22 in Weymouth

Been to Springfield Country Hotel? Share your experiences!